CBD gummies are hugely popular these days because they offer all kinds of health benefits without any adverse side effects tied to smoking. Today, you can find many different CBD gummies with different flavors and strengths, but did you know that you can make your gummies at home?
The process is relatively simple, and you need only a few essential ingredients to make your own CBD gummies. So why spend money to buy CBD gummies for sleep when you can simply make your supply at home? So stay with us, and we’ll tell you everything you need to know to make a tasty batch of DIY CBD gummies.
Why Should You Make Your Own CBD Gummies?
With so many available choices on the market, you might be asking the question: why should you make your own gummies? Well, when compared to commercial CBD gummies, a homemade option will give you more freedom when it comes to taste and potency. Not only that but making your CBD gummies is also a fun activity. Here’s a quick list of the benefits you get with DIY CBD gummies:
- You can choose your combination of flavors precisely to your own liking.
- You can play around with the CBD dosage however you want. DIY CBD gummies are especially good for people who need a super-high dosage.
- You can use any mold when making gummies, so you can pick their shape and size.
- DIY CBD gummies are more affordable than commercial options.
- Making your CBD edibles is a fun activity, and you can share your product with friends and family members when you’re done.
With that said, you should also know that CBD gummies aren’t for everyone. However, with a bit of practice and some experimentation with flavors and CBD dosing, you might be able to prepare a premium batch of gummies you can share with others.
How To Make Your CBD Gummies
Gummies are an all-time favorite candy for millions of people all over the world. They are also surprisingly easy to prepare, as long as you have the right ingredients. The good thing is that you don’t need many ingredients, and most of them are available in every grocery store.
It’s important to know that CBD gummies don’t induce that so-called “high” feeling tied to classic THC gummies. They have a relaxing effect that provides benefits such as better sleep quality, relaxation, reducing symptoms of chronic pain, and many others. Now, let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to make your batch of CBD Gummies:
- One glass bowl
- A whisk
- A saucepan
- Molds of your choice
- CBD oil (you can pick any CBD dosage)
- Fruit Juice (or any other juice, the choice is up to you)
- Artificial food coloring (this one is optional)
Making your own DIY CBD gummies is very easy and straightforward. You don’t need more than a few minutes to set things up, and once the gummies cool down and harden, you’ll be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Here’s a detailed guide on what you have to do:
- Pour some fruit juice into your saucepan and heat it on low heat until it starts to simmer.
- Add the honey and gelatin into the mix and whisk them for about a minute.
- Turn the heat off and add some CBD oil. Get a whisk and mix the ingredients to make sure they are evenly distributed. (We’ll explain how to dose your CBD below).
- Once you’ve got everything mixed down correctly, pour the liquid into your molds. You can use a funnel to make sure that you don’t spill the liquid, and use oven mitts, as the pan will be very hot.
- When you fill the mold, place it into your fridge and wait for at least 30 minutes for the gummies to harden.
- Remove the gummies from the mold.
- Store them in an airtight plastic container and wait about ten days before eating them. If you live in a warm and humid area, keep them boxed up in the fridge.
How To Calculate the CBD Dosage
As you can see, making your own CBD gummies is relatively simple. The only thing you need to worry about is dosing your CBD correctly. The good news is that you can figure out your ideal dosage with some simple math. Here’s a quick guide on how to do that:
- Figure out the dosage you want in each gummy
- Multiply the dosage with the number of gummies your mold has
- Check the concentration of the CBD oil you are using to figure out how much tincture you need
Let’s say that you want to make 60 gummies, each with 2mg of CBD. Here is how the math works
- 2mg of CBD per gummy x 60 gummies = 120mg of CBD oil
- 120mg of CBD divided by mg per mL = how much tincture you need for the recipe.
CBD gummies are so easy to make, you’ll master the process after your first or second try. If your dosage is off, the gummies might be stronger than you expect, but with some experimentation, you’ll find the perfect dose of CBD in no time. Now, get your apron on and start cooking!