Is there anyone out there who does not feel prettier after dabbing on some lipstick? Your answer is: NO! Lipstick is any woman’s go-to makeup. It is used for any and all kinds of makeup, be it from a simple daywear look to an intricate party look. With one swipe of color on your lips, your look can go straight from drab to glam! Lipstick is the first thing that crosses our minds the moment we think about makeup.it is a very well-known fact that adding colors to your lips can help accentuate your facial features and turn your glam mode on. Do you want to be a pro at choosing and applying lipstick too? Then read on and learn all the best tips and tricks there are to know about lipsticks.
Preparation: Key to beautiful lips –
If you prep your lips and face properly, you can ensure the easiest and smoothest application of your lipstick. Prepping also helps in ensuring that your lipsticks stay on for a long time. Well-known celebrity makeup artists also emphasize the importance of prepping your lips, starting with a lip scrub for soft exfoliation, which is then followed by lip treatment. Always remember to blot off any treatment you have done to your lips before applying the color if you want to avoid messing up your lips.
Use liner to ensure perfection –
If you want to get the perfect lip with a beautiful shape and which is long-lasting, it is best if you fill in your lips with a liner. If you are intending on applying a nude colour lipstick, you must always use a nude liner. You can also use a nude liner for lighter shades of lipsticks. If you are looking for a bold or loud look, you should go with using a darker and more colorful shade of liner. Another thing you ought to do is to use a dry concealer around the lips. This helps the lips look crisp and neat.
Pro tip: You can even make your lip gloss last longer by using a liner. By applying a lip liner as a base, you are giving the lip gloss a surface to stick on. This was it ensures that the lip gloss does not wear off quickly.
Let your lip shape decide your shade –
Different shapes of lips require you to use different shades in order to get the best output. Make a note of the following to achieve the perfect lips:
- Bottom lips heavy: Choose any color and shade that goes well with your undertone and use a little bit of nude shade in the center of your upper lip.
- Top lips heavy: Use a slightly darker shade of color on your upper lip, and color your lower lip with a brighter shade of the same color.
- Thin/sleek lips: Make use of bright colors. As far as possible try and avoid dark shades of color as the dark shades make your lips look thinner. To make your lips look plump, you can use lip gloss.
- Plump/fuller lips: Try and use darker shades of color and try avoiding lip gloss or glittery lipsticks as they make your lips stand out more.
- Asymmetrical lips: When you have asymmetrical lips, you should first use a lip pencil with a shade similar to the color of your lipstick and outline your lips well. This helps in giving your lips the proper shape and finish.
You can get a wide variety of lipstick shades, so you do not need to worry about that. If you go to buy lipstick online, you will find a plethora of colors and shades available in the market. Faces Canada, a well-known makeup brand itself sells a huge variety of lipsticks on its website.
Less is more –
People usually get confused thinking that applying more coats of lipstick helps in making the lips look bolder and helps the lipstick stay longer. Truth be told, the greater number of layers of lipstick you apply, the more chances are of you smearing and ruining your lipstick. So, avoid applying unnecessary extra layers of lipstick. Remember, sometimes the beauty lies in subtlety.
In short, it is super easy to get the perfect lips. All you need to do is remember all the tips and bits mentioned above and make use your them wisely when you next apply lipstick, and voila! You’ve got yourself a pair of the most perfect and beautiful colored lips!