Divinity Original Sin 2 DirectX Error: Divinity original sin 2 is the 2nd installment of the divinity series. Following the success of the initial game, developers have made this game with increased graphics and overall improvements. As the main character, you play the role of a sorcerer and fight enemies. Moving forward to today’s guide, users of this game are facing this error. Whenever the user tries to launch the overall game, divinity original sin 2 DirectX error pops, and the overall game crashes instantly. Also, when you yourself have somehow managed to perform the overall game, then after a couple of minutes of gameplay, the overall game will crash.
Causes of Divinity Original Sin 2 Directx Error Problem
The problem has been bugging a lot of users. Lately, the problem actually occurs due to numerous reasons, and there are no clear factors behind this issue. A few users have confirmed that utilizing the game utility software like MSI afterburner or similar applications is the cause of this issue. Furthermore, if you are using incorrect or corrupted DirectX , then also the problem appears. Also, any sort of display changes like default resolution of the display or display driver issue might also cause this error.
- Overlay Programs like MSI afterburner
- Changing default screen resolution or corrupted display driver
- Incorrect DirectX version or corrupted DirectX files
Divinity original sin 2 DirectX error
There are many problems in Divinity: Original Sin2. It generally does not start, controls don’t work, and no sound, etc…
In this information, I want to assist you to out.
For that reason, I will show you the way to solve the problem “ divinity original sin 2 DirectX error&ldquo ;.
Do not miss it! Do you want to know more? Well, keep looking over this specialized article with the primary point of view.
How to download and fix Divinity original sin 2 DirectX error
DirectX is a connection between your operating system and the game.
It requires the required resources from the OS and provides them to the game.
So once you install the overall game, you need to try to perform it.
It failed and shows an error requires at least..
“regardless of the version is 9 – 11 – 10 errors can come like “older direct x version “or “newer DirectX version required&rdquo ;.
So the very first step for divinity original sin 2 DirectX error
- We have to find out which direct x version we have already installed for that first open run command by pressing window run command window will appear.
- Write there dx diagnostics (dxdiag) in short
- Now press ok
2nd step for divinity original sin 2 DirectX error
The whole direct x diagnostic tool will be front of you.
Direct x version is 12 is a of Microsoft software and we are going to download it from the Microsoft site.
After downloading the program you have to do one mone thing.
- Type regedit by pressing the window key and click the run command and open it.
- It can look, you will need to press yes to open it.
Registry edit is essential inside our computer like in true to life whenever we buy land or something.
We have to register it. Whenever we install any software registry editor registers all the program inside our computer.
Their register keys defaults, values version etc.
So if there is a vintage direct x version is installed, then you have to do only a little setting here.
They’re super easy steps to follow, understand with logic…
Now, we go to the local machine and then to the local machine. We have to see our software.
This is actually the software set of the area machine.
- Go through the software, after expanding the hkey local machine
- tree view expended here
- in that we have to locate microsoft software
- and this is actually the microsoft tree view
- expend it
So here’s our Microsoft software list
Here we may find the DirectX , search with letter d
Here it is!
- Consider the right side of the screen, 1st is default, no need to edit or delete it.
- This is actually the other installed version, and because we are going to change it.
- So right-click on the installed version and delete it.
Why we are deleting it
While there is a registry of installed version already and we are going to use a newer version, so we delete the registry also.
Why I am telling this? because additionally it might be the matter of divinity original sin 2 DirectX error.
Maybe the newer version have already been installed nevertheless the registry remained unchanged, so I am checking dubble.
- May our game run without a doubt and the error goes, so delete the registry.
- so after the deleting
- close it
So after it, your essential job would be to download the DirectX.
To download the directx what you have to do,
- Type direct x in the browser
- you are certain to get topmost link download directx
- microsoft link
- whenever we go other websites you find many download buttons there.
What is downloading may be the very confusing thing
The unwanted application can download there,
Viruses can download there. So to get rid of this, you need to go to microsoft link there’s only button to download no confusion.
- Click download, ok
- Next, Click no thanks,
- Here we don’t need these things
- only 286kb application, it will download quick
[Note that divinity original sin 2 games often require the installing of the newest version of DirectX. You need to download it from Microsoft’s official website for stable operation. Don’t forget.]
Click on Show in folder
- run as administrator
- while we have downloaded it from microsoft website
- note, that’s why we don’t should do any registry settings
- click on I accept
- click nex next as always, it will soon be installed, ok
- next only a very important factor remains to do
- only to test an other issue
I told you some such things as deleted that registry version for divinity original sin 2 DirectX error.
Each time a new version set it up replaces the registry. But I have checked that issue also, for some exceptional cases.
We have windows features start and switch off option
- Press window key write windows feature
- turn windows features on or off
- click on it
Here a new window will appear of windows features
- There you are certain to get legacy component
- see legacy component
- expend the tree view
- you are certain to get here direct play
- if they’re not checked, check the both
- like these of mine
- if your are not checked then check them
- press ok
- get out of it
- next, like in starting we have done
- dxdiag check
- here you are able to check
- and after it play the overall game
Why we demonstrate solutions for the most common mistakes in divinity original sin 2 DirectX error so that you can enjoy the overall game again.
In the above article, we have demonstrated several methods to correct the Divinity Original Sin 2 Directx Error. The problem occurs due to a couple of reasons which we have covered already.
Hopefully that the issue has been fixed. For more guides and news on games, follow us. Thanks!