The Blue Screen Error, popularly known as the blue screen of death error, is nothing less than an evil spirit attacking your personal machine. It is termed so as when the blue screen appears, there’s nothing that you can do except restarting your machine. If you were in the middle of something important then, undoubtedly, it is like a doomsday as you are at a supreme risk of losing every bit of your unsaved work.
Though it doesn’t take much of a time to restart your system and get back to business if you are seeing the same blue screen of death almost regularly, it is bound to make you frustrated. In this guide, we are providing you with some of the simple ways by which you can fix this blue screen watchdog error.
Related: How To Fix Windows 10 Black Screen?
What is DPC Watchdog Violation Error?
In this error, DPC actually means Deferred Procedure Call while Watchdog is generally said to your system’s bug checker. In the majority of the cases, this error is witnessed when the drivers associated with different devices in your system are not installed properly, or either they have gone outdated. This incompatibility in the hardware results in DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 8.1/ Windows 8 & Windows 10.
Methods to Fix Watchdog Error Windows 10 | Blue Screen Watchdog Fix Windows 8
1. Please turn off the option of Fast Startup
- Under this method you are required to navigate to Start Button -> Control Panel -> Power Options.
- On the left panel, you will see an option ‘Choose what the power button does.’
- Tap on that option and from the subsequent window that appears please navigate down until you find the option of ‘Turn on Fast Startup.’
- Please uncheck this option. Thereafter click on ‘Save Changes’ and simply exit.
2. Please check for a corrupted hard drive for stop code DPC Watchdog violation
- Please open Run and through it and type in cmd.
- In the results, you will see the option of Command Prompt. Just right-click on it and select the option of ‘Run as an Administrator.’
- Now please run the following command: chkdsk c: /f /r.
- Post running the command, after hitting the Enter key, it will prompt you to schedule the disk check for the next time you restart your PC as the drive is in use currently. For this please type ‘Y.’
- Great! Now windows will automatically check for any disk-related issue, which might be related to this stop code DPC Watchdog violation, and fix it thereafter.
3. Please try updating the Chipset Driver
- This is actually the most common reason for DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10. Please open the Device Manager.
- From the device manager, you are required to expand the option of IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
- In the list, you will find a controller that has the phrase SATA AHCI written in its name. Please right-click this driver and select the option of ‘Properties.’ Thereafter from the window that appears select the option of ‘Driver’ and thereafter please navigate to ‘Driver Details.’
- Here, in this list, iaStorA.sys must be listed as a driver.
- Great! Once you have confirmed this please navigate back to the ‘Driver’ menu and tap on the button captioned as ‘Update Driver.’
- Now either you can click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ or if you have the device drivers on your PC you can select the option of browse and select Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver.
- This way, definitely, the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 8.1/ Windows 10 will never haunt you again.
4. Enter into Safe Mode and Reinstall Display Driver
- First of all, for going into Safe mode please open Run and type in ‘MSConfig’ and hit the Enter button.
- Under tab named ‘Boot’ please find the option of ‘Boot Options.’
- Checkmark the option of Safe Mode and thereafter please select ‘Network.’
- That’s it! Please restart your Windows 8/ Windows 7 or Windows 10/ Windows 8.1 PC and you will enter into safe mode.
- Please launch Device Manager and under the tab named as Display Manager, please select your display driver and choose to
- From the confirmation window that comes up please click on ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ and hit OK.
- Once you restart your PC thereafter; the driver for the display driver will automatically get installed and the DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10/ Windows 8 & Windows 7 error will get fixed as well.
So, these were the different methods through which you can easily fix the stop code DPC Watchdog Violation or Blue Screen Watchdog error.
We have covered all the ways to solve DPC Watchdog Error if you any queries please do let us know in the comments section.