The IT industry is developing and evolving constantly. However, the introduction of DevOps has utterly revolutionized the working methods and principles, making quick and innovative deliveries to market and allowed room to develop for programmers to focus on customer needs rather than the repeated tedious tasks. This article deals with the positive impact of DevOps in the lives of programmers all over the world, but first is a brief introduction of DevOps, how it works, and the benefits of DevOps.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is the collaboration of two departments that have traditionally worked separately, these are the software development and operations teams. It should be mentioned here that DevOps in no way means making one person do the work of two, and eliminating the other. Instead, DevOps is coming and working together of two teams to find and solve the various problems encountered during releasing a product in the market. This allowed the problems due to differences in the production and development environment to decrease significantly.
How DevOps works?
DevOps course has already been incorporated by many business giants to increase their productivity and customer satisfaction. Following are the key features that have allowed DevOps to enhance efficiency and wipe out the drawbacks of traditional methods of working:
- Automation: DevOps focuses on the automation of as many tasks as possible. This drastically reduces the time invested in doing repeated and tedious tasks.
- CI/CD pipelines are an important framework of DevOps.
- Smaller chunks of software: rather than bulks of codes, DevOps focuses on building and deploying small chunks of software. This allows the bugs to be detected easily and rectified quickly while the software is being developed.
- Identical environments for production and deployment: since most of the bugs are caused because of the differences in production and deployment environments. This problem is resolved in the DevOps methodology by developing identical deployment and production environments.
Why the hype?
DevOps online training is preferred by many people and is considered to be a revolutionary perspective. It has already been adopted by major companies like Netflix, Amazon, etc. The benefits of using DevOps which have resulted in the enormous amounts of appreciation received by it are:
- Speed: With faster deployment and development of software and automation of many tasks, the speed of any given task is significantly enhanced.
- Continuous delivery: one of the major benefits of DevOps is that it ensures continuous product delivery to the market. This is especially important for companies like Netflix, where even an hour of downtime can result in a loss of millions.
- Stability: DevOps focuses on building a stable cycle from the development of code to product delivery.
- Credibility: DevOps has managed to earn the trust of companies as well as the customers due to its efficient perspective.
- More time for innovation and adapting to market needs
- Enhanced quality: With the help of DevOps quality products can be delivered in less time.
- Reliability: quality products, continuous delivery, and enhanced speed all have resulted in the increased reliability.
How does DevOps help the programmers?
DevOps has helped both the programmers as well as the operations team. The following points describe the benefits of DevOps in the lives of programmers:
- Decreases workload: DevOps works towards automation of repeated and monotonous tasks, significantly decreasing the amount of work performed by the programmers during software development.
- Room for innovation: DevOps is like a breath of fresh air in the seemingly dull work. It removes the need to perform repeated tasks by automating them and allows time to focus on innovation and market needs. This feature of DevOps is beneficial not only for the company but also for the employees, as it makes their work less monotonous and more exciting.
- Opportunity to gain knowledge: since both the software development and operations teams work together it is impossible to not gain knowledge about how the other department works. This provides a very good opportunity for programmers to learn and develop additional skills and broaden their knowledge and skillset.
- Increased demand and salary: DevOps is immensely in demand, to say the least. Most of the companies have either switched or will switch in the future to DevOps. Therefore, the demand for DevOps has increased exponentially. Although the salary of an individual is subject to a variety of factors like skills, location, and experience, DevOps professionals are one of the highest-paid ones in the IT industry.
- Ability to evolve: DevOps provides a perfect atmosphere for programmers to learn a variety of skills and work on numerous challenges. It keeps their jobs exciting rather than the usual monotonous nature of work as in traditional methods. This allows them to grow and evolve professionally.
DevOps is a great opportunity for programmers to learn and evolve. Hence learn DevOps course is an golden opportunities for the developers.