Losing teeth is part of life, and according to the American College of Prosthodontists, about 120 million Americans are missing a tooth, and about 36 million have lost all of their teeth. Although people who lose teeth can still carry on with their lives, not doing anything about it can further impact the overall health of their remaining teeth and gums.
Dental implants rank on top of the list of replacement teeth procedures. Dental implants are the nearest you can get to achieve the look and feel of natural teeth. However, most people shy away from even looking at a dental implant option because of its price. But when patients see the overall benefits of getting implants, they will soon find that this option is an affordable dental implant treatment for them.
Here are some benefits of investing in dental implants:
- They preserve the jawbone and remaining natural teeth. During a dental implant procedure, a titanium rod is screwed into the jawbone to replace the missing tooth’s root. Once the jawbone heals, this rod becomes part of the jawbone through a process known as osseointegration. The infused titanium rod will support the structure of the jawbone. Likewise, since each dental implant can stand on its own, the replacement tooth will not stress the remaining natural teeth by using them as support.
- They work like natural teeth. Dental implants are the closest thing that you can get to natural teeth. Since dental implants can stand on their own, there is no need to remove them for cleaning. Dental implants can be brushed and flossed along with any remaining natural teeth. Also, since dental implants have “osseointegrated” with the jawbone, these replacement teeth are healthy enough to be used for biting and chewing food.
- They are permanent. Other dental replacement options, such as dentures and bridges, will require replacing after a period of 7 to 15 years. On the other hand, dental implants are permanent fixtures that can last a lifetime with proper dental care and maintenance.
When dental implants have properly “osseointegrated” into the jawbone, they become permanent dental fixtures that will give you stable and secured almost-natural-looking replacement teeth. Dental implants can then be considered as a worthwhile investment because they reduce long-term dental costs.
You must expect that cost will be high when choosing the best option for replacing your teeth. Dental implants are expensive, with a single tooth implant costing from $2500 to $5000 each. When you are planning to get the most affordable dental implant treatment for you, consider the following factors:
- Number of Dental Implants Needed. A single implant may cost from anywhere between $2500 to $5000. It then follows that the more teeth you need to replace, the higher the procedure is going to cost.
- Dental Implant Materials. The cost of dental implants may vary according to the choice of materials used. The main rods infused to the jawbone can be made up of surgical stainless steel, zirconium, or titanium. Titanium is the most expensive of the three since it does not cause any allergic reactions when infused to the jawbone. Likewise, the prosthesis (replacement crown) can also be made from ceramic, porcelain, or a metal-infused composite of both.
- Type of Installation Options. The advancement of dental surgery has paved the way for different installation options for dental implants. Various options will also have varying costs.
- Additional Procedures. The cost of having dental implants may also be affected by any other procedure that must be done to the patient before the actual procedure begins. For example, the jawbone of the patient may have lost its density because of bone resorption. When this happens, the dental surgeon will need to correct your jawbone’s density by performing bone grafting before any dental implant can be installed to it.
Payment Options for Dental Implant Treatments
Many health and dental insurance companies may shoulder the costs of dental implant treatments. For patients who do not have insurance coverage for such, different payment options can be used for getting dental implants.
- Credit Cards. The surest way to get funding for dental implants is by paying them by credit cards. You can talk with your credit card company for options to minimize interest rates and extend payment terms.
- Third-Party Lenders. Dental clinics may also refer patients to third-party lenders who can give them flexible payment options.
- In-house Financing. Some dental clinics may also offer in-house financing options.
Since dental implants last for a lifetime, the long-term benefits that you will get from having dental implants will be worth the cost. Now a days cleaning is the best way to avoid corona virus, if you are seeking any kind of help regarding duct cleaning just visit us Air Duct Cleaning San Antonio Texas