Windows 7 was launched on July 22, 2009. It is a very useful operating system. This operating system is mainly developed for use on personal computers. Though it’s performance is so much improved from the previous windows version, sometimes it’s become slow for many reasons. By using some procedures, we can get the answer on how to make windows 7 fast. The following procedure is given below: –
1. Use Performance troubleshooter
A performance troubleshooter is a software, which automatically finds and fixes problems. The Performance troubleshooter identifies issues that might slow down your computer’s performance, such as how many programs are running at the same time. After finding the issues it optimizes the system and fixes the problem.
By following these steps, you can use troubleshooter: –
● Click the Start menu then select Control Panel and click the System and Security Link.
● Below the Action Center, click the Find and Fix Problems link.
● Make sure that the Get the Most Up-to-Date the Troubleshooters checkbox is selected.
● If you look at a troubleshooter that seems to address your problem, click it.
2. Delete useless programs
Many PCs are manufactured by including many programs that might be useful but all of these programs may not be wanted by every user. They often include trial versions and limited-edition versions of programs that you may try, find useful, and then upgrade for the money. If you think you don’t want them and keeping them on your Pc might slow it down. Uninstall it and you will get faster.
To delete unless programs follow these steps:-
● Click the Start menu and select “Control Panel”.
● Click “Uninstall a program” or “Programs and Features“.
● Select a program that you don’t want and click Uninstall.
● Repeat this for each program you don’t want anymore.
3. Set limit of programs that run at startup
Many programs run automatically when Windows starts. Software manufacturers often set their programs to open in the background, for that you can’t see the programs are running. It’s good for programs you use a lot, but for programs that you never use, this consumes precious memory and slows down your PC. To make your PC fast you can close those programs running that you don’t want to start automatically.
Follow these steps to set a limit of programs that run at startup:-
● Click the Start menu and type MSConfig. Press Enter.
● Click the Startup bar. This will show you the list of all processes that start with Windows.
● Deselect every program that you don’t want to start with Windows.
● Click Apply after deselecting everything you don’t want.
● Reboot your computer.
4. Remove unnecessary files from hard drive
Unnecessary files take up disk space and can make your computer slow. Disk Cleanup removes these files that you no longer need and thus you can fast up your PC.
To do this follow these ways: –
● Press win+R and type cleanmgr.
● Select your Hard disk.
● Go to the box for each item you want to remove.
● Click the Clean up system files button
5. Prevent using huge programs at the same time
If you run huge programs at a time it might cause your PC to slow down. To prevent this slow down problem, you can close those programs you don’t need at the same time.
6. Increase Memory
If a computer is operated by Windows 7 and it seems too slow, it’s usually because the PC doesn’t have sufficient RAM. The best way to speed it up is to increase memory. Windows 7 can run on a PC with 1 GB of RAM, 2 GB RAM is better. For best performance, increase it to 3 GB or more.
7. Use solid-state disks
Nowadays, every user prefers a solid-state because it’s fast. Laptops and even desktops are moving to technology because of its better performance. Solid-state disks can read and write data very quickly. An SSD can be expensive but by using an SSD, you can give your Windows 7 system renewed life and you will get new user experience.
8. Off search indexing
Windows 7’s searching process is too good, but it can affect the performance of the system. If you really want to run a tool at full tilt, you can disable indexing altogether to get better performance.
9. Find out viruses and spyware
Sometimes your PC shows bad performance, infected with a virus or spyware may be the cause. This is not as regular as the other problems, but it’s something to consider. Before becoming worried so much, you can check your PC by using antispyware and antivirus programs. Then kill the virus and remove spyware to improve performance.
10. Update windows with the latest version
There is a very important step to optimize your computer’s performance. You can improve your PC performance by installing the latest version of the windows. By applying the updates, you can prevent and fix bugs, errors, malicious software installation, or intrusion. And finally, push your pc performance at a higher level.