You’ve finalized developing your amazing app but “what comes next”? Most likely it will not hit the charts right after the launch without users knowing about it. So to make your application stand out from the crowd, you will need to develop and execute a marketing plan containing PR outreach, user acquisition campaigns, SEO strategies, etc. Let’s take a closer look at what needs to be done to get your app advertised effectively after its launch to the market.
- Create a Comprehensive App Marketing Plan. First things come first. Before starting any promotional activities, you need to think about your marketing budget and choose marketing tactics that will bring you the most value according to your budget available. Moreover, you have to decide whether to implement some of your app marketing strategies by yourself which will save you money but is very time-consuming, or to hire professionals in this field. Check out this mobile app marketing guide to know what should be done after the product launch.
- Create a SEO-optimized Website. You may be asking, why you need a website or a landing page for your app. The answer is simple. How users will know about your product searching for a certain problem in Google if you don’t have a website? Search engines can become a main source of traffic for your app if you have a website optimized for search engines and conduct an effective content management strategy. Same as for marketing activities, you can either create a website by yourself or hire a development team to give the best possible result. Check out how much does it cost to build a website in 2020.
- Submit to App Catalogs. Catalogs and directories are still a huge source of traffic for many apps and there are a lot of them depending on your app operating system. Search for the “best Android catalogs” or “best iOS catalogs” in Google and create a custom list that should be pitched asking for your submission.
- Reach Out to Influencers and Journalists. The more reviews of your app you get, the more visible it will become on the web. Search for journalists and app reviewers who may be interested in your product based on your niche and reach out to them asking for your app review. You need to create an appealing pitch telling about your app’s competitive advantages and best features.
- Get App Reviews on the Marketplace. Users rely on reviews and ratings a lot. If your app is paid and there will be no positive reviews from its users on the App Store or Google Play, it would be difficult to convince the others that your app is worth paying for it or even worth downloading it. Think about how you can encourage your current users to leave feedback. Ask for it in the app or hold contests on Facebook. At the early stage it is crucial for any app to get the first feedback.
These are the most useful app marketing tips you need to think about while planning your app promotion activities if you want to have it featured on the web.