The Symbiosis International University [SIU] conducts one of the most sought-after MBA entrance examinations in the country. It is a Computer-based Test [CBT] scheduled to be held on 20th Dec’20/06th Jan’21/09th Jan ’21. The registration window is still open and will close on November 28th 2020. In this article, we shall list down some of the best SNAP Preparation tips you can use to give the right direction to your Preparation Strategy and crack SNAP 2020 exam without any difficulty.
SNAP 2020 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Before moving forward, let’s have a look at SNAP 2020 Syllabus and exam pattern. It is conducted as a completely objective test. Candidates will have a total of 60 minutes attempt the paper. As for the marking scheme, each correct answer carries 1 mark each whereas each incorrect answer carries a penalty of 0.25 marks. It must be noted that you can appear for a maximum of two SNAP tests.
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||15||15|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||25||25|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||20||20|
SNAP Preparation Tips: Core SNAP 2020 Preparation Strategy
The SNAP 2020 Syllabus has been drastically altered. The number of questions has been reduced from 110 to 60 and the time duration is cut short to 60 minutes. Furthermore, candidates now won’t be facing ‘Special Questions’ which would surely have a bearing on the cut-off. Our suggestions are to aim for anywhere around 45-48 questions correct which would be enough to secure a 98+ percentile. At this stage, it is not easy to gauge the difficulty level of the exam, but judging by previous papers, the general level can be said to be at easy-moderate with 8-10 complex questions. Moreover, candidates have complete liberty to switch between sections, unlike CAT.
SNAP Preparation Tips: General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning & Verbal Ability
The General English section now contains only 15 questions from earlier 34. Thus, the actual break-up of the questions amongst Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning and Verbal Ability is difficult to estimate. Here are a few pieces of advice that you can inculcate in your SNAP Preparation Online.
- SNAP 2020 Syllabus: Reading Comprehension, Direct & Indirect Speech, Jumbled Sentences/Paragraphs, Figures of Speech, Odd Word Out, Sentence Correction, Active & Passive Voice, Cloze Test, Error Detection, Synonyms/Antonyms/Idioms & Phrases, One-Word Substitution, Fill in the Blanks, Miscellaneous, etc.
- As per earlier question distribution, you can expect anywhere between 4-5 questions in form of Reading Comprehension with the rest testing your skills of problem-solving and critical analysis in English Grammar & composition.
- To ace your RCs, understanding the crucial elements of a passage is integral. These are its Main Theme, Author’s Idea, and Counter-arguments, and the Conclusion. Commonly, the passage may be borrowed from fields of literature, arts, science, and technology or other fields around which the author weaves his opinions and provides facts and references.
- Further, finding the right reading approach is crucial. There are two major ways you can go about, namely, top-down [reading the whole passage first and then attempting the questions] and bottoms-up [reverse technique wherein you know the questions first and then reference it with the information in the passage]. Whatever technique you choose, make sure you have practised it enough. As a general rule, with larger passages, go with the former.
SNAP Preparation Tips: Analytical & Logical Reasoning
Whether you pursuing your SNAP Preparation Online or offline for Analytical & logical Reasoning, the following pointers list down some tips you must keep in mind.
- SNAP 2020 Syllabus: Inequalities, Arrangements, Coding-Decoding, Clocks, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Scheduling, Dates & Calendars, Order & Rankings, Partnership, Blood Relation, Directions, Cause & Effect, Assertion & Reason, Data Sufficiency, Statements & Conclusion, etc.
- According to the 2019 question paper, about 6 questions were asked from Arrangements which were of easy level along with 3 questions each from Blood Relations and Scheduling. Overall, the questions were highly diverse and of varying difficulty. As an answering strategy, we suggest you attempt anywhere between 18-20 questions with 100% accuracy. Further, refrain from marking any answer on guesswork as ultimately it does more harm than good.
- The Analytical Reasoning section carries the highest weightage. Thus, it is imperative to manage your time efficiently to not jeopardize your time on the other sections. You have 25 minutes to solve 25 questions which translates into 1 question per minute. This is quite demanding when you factor in the time required to read the sets, directions and instructions. Practice as many and diverse AR questions on SNAP Preparation Online resources as you can to develop that efficiency.
SNAP Preparation Tips: Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
Here are some pointers that will help build a strong SNAP 2020 Preparation Strategy especially in the final section.
- SNAP 2020 Syllabus: Ratio & Proportion, Number System, Speed & Distance, Simplification, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Partnerships, Averages, Inequalities, Functions & Linear Equations, Series, Sequences & Progressions, Simple & Compound Interest, Probability, Graphs & Tables, Polynomials, Geometry, Trigonometry, Quadratic Equations, Permutation & Combination, etc.
- Going the trend of the question paper in the year 2019, you can expect around 5 questions from Arithmetic, 3 questions from Geometry and Algebra accounted for 4 questions, all hovering in the easy-moderate difficulty level. Further, the data interpretation portion remains a demanding one with roughly 6 questions.
- For the data interpretation section, one of the crucial SNAP Preparation Online tips is to go by the thumb-rule that the longer the set, the more difficult it is. So either you go to the DI part straight from the start or come back to it at the last when you are done with the Quant portion. Whatever you choose, be sharp and active as it will have pretty much everything to lead you astray.
The most influential SNAP 2020 Preparation Strategy is to remain confident, have trust in yourself and to not fret about the result. Rest adequately on the previous day, keep faith in yourself and give your best.