5 steps to turn your home into an oasis
We understand that modern lifestyle can be very stressful. And that is why you crave to fly to an oasis to calm your senses. Well, we can’t really transport you to such a place, but we can definitely help you create an oasis in your home. Yes, it is quite unbelievable, but you can now decorate your home in such a way that it will become your favourite staycation spot.
Ø How to make your home look and feel like an oasis?
There is nothing wrong in demanding peace and tranquility in your home that is based in an urban city. But what it requires is the right tricks and tips to incorporate such Zen feeling in the house. Welcome aboard!
- Use restful hues —The very first step to turn your house into an oasis is to be surrounded by restful colours. After you are done with the interior plastering in Auckland via FQS Interior, the experts who are trained to create smoother and firmer surfaces for your home, call good painters to colour your house in pastel shades of green, blue, or earthy tones. The soothing effect around you just with the right choice of colours will be commendable.
- Bring in natural materials — If being close to nature impresses you so much, then why don’t you incorporate more natural artefacts in your house? Like, for the decorative materials and pieces, you can pick the earthen clay materials and indoor plants apart from paintings of nature and waterfalls. You may even select wicker furniture and bamboo-grass rugs to stay close to nature.
- Go for closed storage — A cool and soothing house will never be cluttered with unnecessary items. So, if you had open shelves, you should now prefer keeping them in closed cupboards and storages. This adds into the calming effect you want in your oasis.
- Play up natural light — Getting the right lights in the interior is also an important part to make your house exude positive vibes. If you have large windows, then go for sheer curtains that bring in most of the light from outside. Even if the size of these windows is small, if you are placing your bed or your armchair near it, you can enjoy the natural light and warmth of the sun more.
- Create an outdoor sanctuary — No doubt your interior is more relaxing now, but you can also include your outdoors. Incorporate more plants that give a rich and natural feel to the house, have your breakfast table in the backyard along with a nice gushing waterfall or fountain in the central area and enjoy your mornings in this beautiful surrounding. The soothing sound of water is enough to relax your senses wonderfully along with the much-needed green environment.
Well, we kept our promise! Now, for that spa-like feeling, draw yourself a bath with flower petals and scented candles. Now play a soothing melody and soak your stress away.