It has been quite a long time since all educational sectors were closed and were forced to introduce the system of online classes. It has been a challenge for everyone to make sure that the students could continue with their studies through an online system. And as time passed by, everybody got comfortable with the online system. But it’s not like we can keep going on like this forever and as this pandemic is not going anywhere anytime soon, the ministry of education has allowed all the educational institutes to reopen them with strict SOP’s to be followed by every living being.
And that is why NYU is pleased to announce that the University will restart on campus for fall 2020. The academic year 2020-2021 will stand apart and because of the COVID-19 situation, even if the NYU tries to maintain their full commitment to academic excellence, everyone needs to embrace a multilayered safety and health plan that is not just going to keep them safe but other as well. The NYU states that the session 2020-2021 will be a flexible one in terms of teaching and learning as both students and teachers are going to have to face some serious challenges so it is best to cut everyone some slack.
Latest information about resuming in-person classes at NYU:
To all those people who need an update regarding the latest news about resuming in-person classes at NYU, we have listed down some points that are too important to be missed.
- The remote instruction will tend to stay in place throughout the summer and the faculty and all students must stay updated as to what should and shouldn’t be done.
- The NYU will be restarting on campus for fall 2020 and the details are as follows.
- Undergraduate: Move-In days are August 31- Sept 1.
- Early Quarantine: Move-In days are August 18-19.
- Similarly, fall classes for Undergraduates will be starting from September 2. The NYU has planned three modes out of one that will be put in place. These three modes are
- Blended learning.
- Remote learning.
- To be able to keep the environment safe and healthy, everyone who enters the NYU premises has to wear a face mask, wearing gloves and keeping a hand sanitizer will be appreciated. And everyone has to maintain some physical distance and avoid hand-shaking as much as they can.
One can follow here for NYU classes online. Listing contains all details about online courses and classes.
Important new information about testing and quarantining:
- Among all the SOP’s that has been set by NYU to keep their environment safe and healthy, they have also put in place testing and quarantining policies that are mandatory for everyone to look and follow.
- It is to be kept in mind that New York, local law demands that all the visitors who are traveling from an outside country or from any restricted area or states have to be in isolation for 2 weeks.
- The same goes for students and faculty of NYU as well. All the students, employees, faculty have to get tested and then submit their test results before entering the NYU building. You will be allowed to enter the building if your test is negative otherwise the situation will be the opposite.
- If you have been tested negative, then you will be quarantined and you have to stay inside quarantine quarters for as long as you don’t get better. There will be very limited exceptions like accessing medical care and picking up deliveries. Other than that, you are not allowed to go for walks or do any shopping at the grocery store.
- Using public transportation in such a case will also not be permitted.
- Note that all the testing programs and procedures refer to tests designed to find the presence of a COVID-19 infection and not the antibody tests.
What to do if you start to display symptoms:
For any reason, you start to show symptoms of COVID-19, then instead of panicking you are required to notify the COVID-19 Prevention & Response Team.
Whatever your test results are, they have to be submitted through the COVID-19 Prevention & Response Portal.
If somehow you are feeling unwell and need immediate medical assistance then you need to make an appointment at the Student health center (for students) and the faculty and employees are to contact their medical provider.
Ongoing testing in the NYU community:
The NYU cares a lot for their students, faculty, and employees and everything possible will be done to make sure that every person who is inside the NYU premises is COVID free. To make this possible, NYU will be conducting random ongoing tests at its New York campuses. This will stay in progress throughout fall 2020. Sample from random students, faculty, and employees will be tested each week and the University expects everyone’s full cooperation.
That personnel who will be selected for testing will be notified by email that will have all the information about where and when you have to appear for the test.
Testing locations for students, employees, and others:
All those students who will arrive on August 18-19 for quarantine will be tested upon arrival. After that, they will again be tested after 7 to 10 days. A tent will be set on Gould plaza on West 4th St. in front of the Stern School of Business to conduct the tests.
All essential and other employees who are currently working on campus should get tested between now and August 15.
So this is how NYU plans to reopen its institute by implementing all the strict SOP’s and making sure no personnel enters the building if he’s tested positive for COVID-19. For any latest updates keep visiting the official NYU website and make sure to play your part and keep not only you but others safe and healthy. So good luck to all those who are a part of NYU and don’t forget to wear a mask while going out to stay safe.