People don’t go to the restaurant for just good food. Food is absolutely the main reason, but it is not the only reason. People come to have a nice time, to have a nice romantic dinner with their loved ones. They go for candlelight dinners and for they like places with dim lighting. So, basically, people look for ambiance as well as good food. When you are creating your designs or employing a team of professionals to decorate your restaurant, you might want to remember the following points.
1. Theme: Select on the vibe of your restaurant. Is it a family gathering joint? Is it a place where a bunch of teenagers will come after school? Is it a café that serves heavy food? Or is it a high-class posh restaurant? What demography does your eatery fall into? Selecting the theme is very important as everything depends on it. You can only select your menu after you select your theme.
2. Set-Up: Once you select the theme and the place of your restaurant, you can decide on the setup and sitting arrangements of your restaurant. Do you want some portion of the restaurant to be open space? Do you want glass windows all over? Your architect or designers will guide you better with all the options. You need to remember that you have the power to design this place in accordance with your taste. So, employ the best designers and invest money to achieve the best possible outcome. You cannot redo the whole set up time and time again as it costs tons of money.
3. Furniture: Keeping up with the theme, buy furniture. If you are going for the classy look, you can always install wooden furniture. You can hang those beautifully decorated outdoor ceiling fan with light over the sitting area. It will definitely give your place a vintage charm. You can build a clean wooden bar. The ceiling itself can be designed with cardboard or wood. You can do a lot of things with furniture. Most importantly the furniture should reflect the style of the establishment. It should enhance the beauty and comfort of the customer.
4. Lighting: Soothing lighting is the way to go when it comes to a fine dining experience. Nobody wants harsh lights on their faces. The lighting itself must create the mood of romance and passion. Again if you are a family joint, the lighting will be a bit upbeat and fun. When you are an establishment that serves food to the kids, there should be a lot of neon signs and exciting bright lights.
5. Staff: Your staffs are part of the ambiance that is created. Just like in children’s eateries you get to see a lot of clowns and people in costumes, your staff should reflect your establishment. If you are providing fine dining experience then, your servers, waiters and bartenders need to look sharp and their best. They should be polite to the guest and well-groomed. Since they represent your business you need to conduct a proper screening process before hiring them. Someone needs to train them well before they are allowed to wait on tables.
At the end of the day, the owners need to realise that a lot of things go into running a restaurant business and not one element can be overlooked. If you follow these given techniques successfully, then you have a well thought out layout before you.