People are so worried about the Coronavirus pandemic that they’ve started utilizing their backyards to grow vegetables, in case they aren’t able to get groceries. While some people might find these incidents to be extreme cases of panic drive, the number of global Coronavirus patients is, however, on the rise. Businesses all around the world are coming up with innovative ways to serve their customers. Shipping companies and delivery services too have made modifications to provide the buyers with essential services uninterruptedly.
- Supply chains: Automated supply chains ensure the systematic and organized way of production. There are various benefits of automated chains.
- RFID: This is a much-used technology in the shipment sector that works as a tracking device as this wireless technology radiates radio signals. This radio frequency identification process has successfully replaced the manual process of checking items.
- Vibration Monitoring: Another important aspect of supply chain management is vibration monitoring. At times the products are needed to be carefully monitored to ensure their safety. It is quite impossible to monitor them manually 24 hours but with smart gadgets, it is quite easy.
- Time-efficient: Supply chain doesn’t only yield better results in terms of production but new technologies such as RFID supply chain are time-efficient as one does not need to move about in places to locate the product. With updated software and smart gadgets, one can easily locate the item whether it’s in the warehouse of on-road.
- Accuracy: Technology always provides more accurate results compared to the manual process of monitoring.
- Hygiene: While delivering products hygiene protocol is maintained more so than before. The hands-free technique is being implemented to minimize the possibility of spreading the virus. Regular health screening facilities are installed at most of the warehouses to monitor the workers’ overall health and temperature. Sanitization stations are mandatory for laborers who work in close proximity to each other. Before boxing and packing the products and at the time of delivery, safety protocols are thoroughly maintained.
- Digital Data Exchange: To do all the necessary work digitally is the goal of the hour so it is only wise to transfer data about the products digitally to eliminate the chances of spreading the virus.
- E-receipt: With the delivery of every product and services, a receipt is mandatory. The safe practice is to provide an e-receipt directly to the email box of the recipient.
- Money transfer: Instead of cash on delivery options, many major firms are only opting for online money transfer to ensure secure delivery process.
- Consumer Satisfaction: The customers are worried still about the security and safety of the item being purchased. They want to be informed about the minute details of the product. So, the shipping company has come up with tracking technologies so that the customers are well aware of the routes and the time-duration of the shipping process. This process helps gain the firm positive reviews from the customers which is crucial for any business.
The goal for every shipping company is to create a satisfied and loyal customer base. The smooth communication process between warehouse and Shipment Company is one of the key features to improving the whole supply chain process.