Saskatchewan is the only province in Canada with entirely artificial borders and is considered one of the best places to live in Canada. The following are some of the reasons that make Saskatchewan the best province in Canada to live in as a permanent resident:
- More job opportunities: The labor market that is generally in demand is the IT sector, and from now on, the agriculture industry needs migrants in Saskatchewan as Saskatchewan is one of the prairie provinces of Canada.
- Education System: Canada’s education system is very advanced, and Saskatchewan is also committed to the success and well-being of all Saskatchewan learners and to improving the literacy skills of all its residents.
- Health Benefits: As a newcomer to Saskatchewan, you have the option of accessing a publicly funded health care system that provides medical care at no direct cost to you. The provincial government of Saskatchewan’’s medical system covers the cost of basic medical care.
- Multicultural Society: Saskatchewan is a province of people of all backgrounds, origins, and cultures. Unlike other countries where people are divided into classes, there is no class system in Saskatchewan. The residents of Saskatchewan are friendly and welcoming with a sense of Saskatchewan belonging.
How to move to the province of Saskatchewan as a permanent resident?
Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program has the following three sub-categories to facilitate the immigrants to apply under based on their skill-sets and the requirements of the province/sub-category:
International Skilled Worker Category: This Category is for immigrants who have education, skilled work experience, language proficiency, or other abilities that help in the development of the province. Now, there are three sub-categories:
- Employment Offer Stream – This stream is for skilled workers with a job offer from an eligible employer of the province.
- Occupation in-demand Stream – This stream is immigrants who have work experience in an occupation that is in-demand in the local labor market of the province. They do not need to have a job offer from the province.
- Express Entry Stream – This stream is in-line with the express entry program of the federal government of Canada. The stream is for skilled workers that are in the candidate express pool.
Saskatchewan Experience Category: This category is for immigrants who want to settle and work in the Saskatchewan province as a permanent residence. There are also sub-categories and they are as follows:
- Existing Work Permit Subcategory – For candidates who have a valid work permit and have been employed in the province for 6 months.
- Health Profession Sub-category – For internationally trained health professionals who must be employed in the province under a temporary work permit for 6 months or longer
- Hospitality Sector Sub-category – For immigrants who are employed in the hospitality industry
- Long Haul Truck Driver Sub-category – This stream is for foreign workers that are currently employed as truck drivers in the province and are looking for permanent residence in the province.
- Student Subcategory – This stream enables foreign students to graduate from a recognized post-secondary university or college in the province.
What are the different requirements for Saskatchewan provincial nominee programs via express entry stream and occupation in-demand province?
Some of the basic requirements for immigrating to Saskatchewan province are as follows:
- Must score at least 60 points out of 100 in point assessment grid for Saskatchewan immigration.
- If presently residing in Canada, must provide legal evidence for the same.
- For express entry stream – Must have an express entry profile number and job seeker validation code.
- Must provide proof for language proficiency in English via the IELTS examination with a minimum requirement of CLB 7. For occupation in-demand category minimum requirement of CLB 4.
- Must have completed a minimum of 1 year of post-secondary education or training that is equivalent to the Canadian educational system.
- Must have the minimum work experience related to the work of field or training that is categorized under NOC skill level O, A, or B.
- Must have the minimum one of the following in the field of education or training occupation:
- 1 year of work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled profession.
- 2 years of work experience in skilled trades in the past five years.
- 12 months of work experience in Canada in the past three years.
- Need to provide evidence for sufficient settlement funds along with a settlement plan.
How are points awarded in SINP Points Calculator?
To apply for permanent residence in the Saskatchewan province, immigrants need to score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 in the SINP Points Calculator:
|Selection Factors||Maximum Points Awarded|
|Connection To the province and adaptability||30|
|Education and Training||23|
To know more about Canada Immigration, Register with the Best Immigration Consultant – Nationwide Visas right now!!!