Tints come in different varieties, and quality and how long a tint lasts depends on quality and maintenance. A standard film can last up to 5 years, while the higher quality film made from metal, ceramic, and polyester can last up to 10 years. Tint experts such as Tint World prefer to use high-quality tint on your windows for better results.
So what are the secrets behind tinted windows? When you pass by that tinted widow, be it in an office, residence, car, or even boat, you will always be curious to know what lies behind it.
Here are the useful secrets behind tinted windows;
- Reduced UV Radiation
- Tinted windows block 99% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays from entering the window interior. Prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays may cause cancer.
- Exposing your car’s interior to harsh UV rays over time damages your interior accessories. Still, a car window tint helps preserve your dashboard, carpeting, and other accessories in your car’s interior.
- Having controlled light entering your car’s interior helps reduce glare while providing you with better visibility outside.
- With reduced UV rays entering your house, your upholstery, paintings, and tapestries are protected from tearing, fading, and discoloration.
- Since UV rays are harmful to your health, tinting glass walls and commercial buildings and residences help create a healthy environment to live and work in.
- It protects your skin and eyes from damage.
- Security & Privacy
- Tinted windows create a blurring vision for persons on the outside of your car. It helps deter potential smash thieves and people with bad intentions from peeking at your valuables such as phones and laptops on your back seat.
- Thieves often get tempted to steal what can be seen, but not knowing what lies behind the tinted window helps to keep your car safe from being vandalized.
- It also gives you peace in mind knowing that your valuables are not exposed to thieves.
- Tinted windows make it hard to break because they hold the glass in place, making the theft take longer.
- The privacy of your interior improves your security and the security of your car.
- In residences and other commercial places such as banks and hotels, a tinted window promotes security to the occupants. You feel more secure knowing that your transactions are not being monitored from outside.
- Reduced Heat
- The heat generated by direct sunlight entering your car can be extremely high, especially when the temperature outside is already high and burning. Tinting film reduces the amount of heat that enters your car. A tinted reflects light away from the surface.
- Though tint transparency varies from one state to another, low transparency window tint can reduce the amount of heat that enters your car by up to 70% keeping your car interior cooler. With tinted windows, your car’s air conditioning doesn’t overwork to maintain a more relaxed interior.
- Reduced heat inside your car helps keep your leather in good condition for longer.
- Commercial buildings, homes, and churches that have tinted glass windows and walls save on money and energy because air conditioning usage is greatly minimized.
- Increased Safety
- Do you know that when your tinted window breaks, the tint film holds the little pieces together? The tint film is a laminate that provides a sealed unit for the glass and prevents it from shattering.
- Should your car be involved in an accident, the film protects your windows from shattering all over your car and injuring you.
- Because tinted glass doesn’t shatter all over the floor when it breaks, tinting your residential windows makes your home safer for your family. You will find out the residential window tinting near me when you look for it.
- Tinted windows give your car or your office an appealing look. The very reason you get curious to know what lies behind the tint.
- Tinted windows complement great architectural designs and artwork by master artists.
- Tinted windows give a facelift to older cars, and your new wheels will look better with tinted windows.
Window tinting is no longer a luxury for car owners only; it’s much more of a safety, health, and security measure that you need to consider. You can also join home-owners and property owners in choosing to tint the windows in your home or commercial building.
Tinted windows add beauty to your car or house, but tint film also adds value to your windows, making them scratch resistant. They help maintain a more relaxed interior cutting down air-conditioning running costs. Choosing to tint your windows is a great way to keep your interior private and safer.