Slides Shoes are the most comfortable footwear one can own, they usually consist of a strap across the toe and the lower half of the foot on the shoe, and hence the descriptive meaning of the name being “shoe is easy to slide on and off” when the person wants to do so.
The history of slides shoes dates back to ancient times. Still, there is a lack of documentation to prove it; its popularity increased in the late ’60s in the United States where various aesthetic, vibrant and cheerful colours started coming in the market. The first slides shoes were created by the brand Birkenstock; it was a simple design made from cork and a single leather strap. Later Adidas came up with a well-known pair of shoe slides.
Slides have a very casual yet fashionable look, some of them are customised for use in sports and other recreational activities. We can use slides shoes for any informal outing like picnics or the beaches. They can also be worn inside the homes as kitchen or bathroom wear, and all in all, feel very comfortable.
Slides can be made up of different materials depending on their use. The casual slides are made of rubber or polyester; these are usually for casual outings. Other more formal slides are made of leather which can be formally worn in parties. The slides can also be customised with feathers and pearls to improve its look.
There are many kinds of slide shoes available in the market:
- The mule: It is a diverse variety of slides shoes, having an open back, it doesn’t cover the lower foot but the front foot is closed. These shoes are old fashioned dating back to the 1950s but are still trending and are widely found in the market has a variety.
- Crocs: These types are also closed in the toe area but have several holes in it. They don’t support the heels, so the majority of grip comes from the toes itself. These are considered to be the surgeon’s favourite for the comfort these shoes provide while standing in long hours of surgery.
- Wedge slides: These are a trendier version of slides having a varied height of heels, having open toe with a strap to cover your feet. These are usually for casual outings to a park or a beach.
- Slide sans heels: These are a very comfortable version of heel shoes; they usually have a strap along with metal hardware to combine fashion with comfort.
- Moccasin: These are made from soft leather, it has sides and the top made of leather which is then sewn together. They are very flexible and soft, and can be worn both inside and outside. To enhance its perceived value customers usually customise is with fur and embroidery.
- Flip Flop: These are the ultimate comfort shoes, made up of either plastic or rubber straps. Their typical feature is the toe thong passing between the first and second finger of the feet.
- Slippers: These are mostly designed for use within the house and world widely demanded because of the ease and comfort provided. They are usually made up of plastic, rubber or soft material like wool.
Key Consideration while choosing our slides:
Our primary consideration while buying slides is the purpose or its functionality, where the casual ones like slippers and flip flops are the best for use in an informal, casual outing like a visit to the park or the weekend beach party. In contrast, moccasins are sophisticated ones for much regular use like to attend parties. If it is required for an all-day standing job, the comfortable option of removable insoles and a right arch is necessary. Although a standard slide has an open back foot with just a strap on the front foot, options of back support for your heels are also available.
These shoes are customisable according to the tastes and preference of the customer and are meant to be a little bigger than the actual size of the foot; we should also consider the durability and the warranty of the product which majorly also depends on the materials used.
Slides shoes are unisex footwear and can be worn by anyone and are also available for people of all age; it is considered to be very useful for children and adults especially for whom tying of shoelaces is a problem, the comfort provided acts as the cherry on the cake.