The State Bank of India (SBI) conducts the SBI Clerk Exam annually to recruit eligible candidates for clerical cadre posts in its different branches across India. The selection process of SBI Clerk involves different phases of the exams which are Prelims, Mains, and Local Language Test, Provisional Selection, Waiting List, and Probation period.
Phase-1: Prelims Exam
The prelims exam is the first stage of the SBI Selection Process. It is an online exam lasting for duration of 1 hour. There are 3 sections in the exam with 100 multiple-choice questions.
- For each section, there is a sectional time limit of 20 minutes in the prelims examination.
- There is no sectional cut off for any section in the Prelims Exam.
- The marks scored in the prelims exam are not considered for the final selection process of the candidate.
Phase-2: Mains Exam
Candidateswho will get qualified in the prelims exam are eligible to appear for the SBI Mains Exam. Mains Exam is a very important stage of the SBI Clerk Selection Process 2020 because students will be selected only based on their performance in this very stage of the recruitment. There is no, further, interview round.
- The Mains Exam does not have any sectional cut off. However, candidates have to secure overall cut off marks in the Mains Exam in order to eligible for the next round of the selection process.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/OBC/XC will get 5% relaxation on the overall total marks.
- The total number of questions that appear in the Mains exam is 190.
- The time duration of the exam is 2 hours 40 minutes.
- In accordance with the overall total score acquired by the students in descending order, they will be placed in respective categories and states.
SBI Clerk Result will be released separately for each phase of the exam, so it is important for candidates to score a minimum cut off marks to get qualified for the next round of selection process.
Phase-3: Opted Local Language Test
Candidates who will clear the SBI Clerk Mains Exam will have to appear for the third phase of the SBI Bank Clerk Selection Procedure which is the Local Language Test.
- The students who can produce their 10th or 12th Certificate, proving that they have already studied the opted local language in their higher secondary do not require appearing for the Language Test.
- For the other candidates who have cleared Mains Exam and do not have any such proof or certificate have to appear for an opted local language test
- The local language test will be taken place after the provisional selection but prior to the joining procedure.
- This test is conducted to check the proficiency of the students in speaking, reading, and writing the opted local language.
- Students who do not clear this local language test will be disqualified from the recruitment procedure
Also Check SBI Clerk Cut Off
Phase-4: Provisional Selection
Final selection of the candidate will be based on the three parameters that are mentioned below:
- The total marks secured by the candidates in the Mains Exam
- The information the candidates have filled in the application form will be verified. Also, their eligibility for the position they applied for will be checked
- The local language test qualification will also be verified (in case, applicable).
The merit list will be finalized state-wise and category-wise. The officials of SBI will do the posting for the candidates according to the city/state preference the candidates have filled in the application form. After joining, candidates will not be allowed to transfer for the next 5 years.
Phase-5: Waiting List
The officials maintain a waiting list which will be up to 50% state, vacancies, and category wise.
- To be on the waiting list, candidates need to score minimum qualifying marks which are framed by the SBI.
- Whenever the case appears where the people from the current batch are resigning or when there are vacancies in the non-joining case, then the candidates will be released from the waitlist on a quarterly basis.
- The waiting list will be valid for a period of one year from the final declaration date of SBI Clerk Result.
Phase-6: Probation Period
Students who will be in the final selection for the position of Junior Associate or Clerk will have to serve a probation period of 6 months. In the duration of probation, the clerks will be required to finish 15 authorized e-lessons for getting confirmed joining by the SBI.
- If any student fails to complete those 15 e-lessons, the officials may extend the time duration of their probation period.
- Moreover, before the probation period ends, the performance of all the newly hired junior associates will be assessed according to the SBI Clerk Junior Associate Selection Process.
- On failing the evaluation as per the expectation of the SBI, again the probation period will be stretched for those candidates.
In recent years, the competition for bank jobs is increasing at an exponential pace due to its attractive salaries, a measure of job security, easy work culture, etc. If you really want to secure an SBI Clerk job, then enrolling in the best SBI Clerk Online Coaching will help enhance your bank preparation.
- Opting for online coaching will help you understand each concept from top-notch faculties and crack the exam easily.
- You can easily prepare for the exam by sitting in your comfort zone.
- Also, experienced coaching centres like TopRankers can lead to better SBI Clerk Results than preparing by yourself.
- With the help SBI Clerk Online Coaching Classes, you can get an interactive learning experience.
- You can get all your doubts clarified during the online classes from the expert faculties.
- We will also arrange free mentoring sessions on a weekly basis, so it will become easy to learn each and every concept in less time.
- We will provide subject-wise and topic-wise mock tests.
- Students also get a constant evaluation to analyse their preparation levels.
- There are various packages available, you can choose as per your requirement.
Our SBI Clerk Online Coaching will guide you the best, provide you with all the study material, and will motivate you. Toprankers is one of the great platforms where you can get complete guidance for clearing an SBI Clerk exam, so enroll in its Online Coaching Classes and prepare well for the exam.