Cameras are everywhere, we are living in a digital age which is continuously being documented. For photographers there are so many more ways to capture reality through a lens, with technology and camera accessories advancing each year the competition to take the best shots is tougher than ever before. Standing out in a crowd of thousands can be tricky, but also having such a large community of photographers online is a great tool for creative inspiration. Online photo sharing sites with large communities of photography lovers is the perfect place to source some inspiration for your next photography project or shoot. Here is everything you need to know about them.
How Photo Sharing Sites Work
We all have shared our photos online at some point, most likely on platforms such as Instagram and Twitter. However, photo sharing sites dedicated to just this are platforms on which photographers and content creators can upload their work as contributors to the site. These photos can then be viewed, purchased, and downloaded by visitors of the site. This may be for marketing purposes, for example. Photo sharing sites allow for money to be made on your best shots, whilst also interacting with a community of fellow photographers.
Why Networking is important for Photographers
For photographers looking to take their creativity and skills to a new level and start a business, networking is really important on the road to success. Although you are not working as a team, networking with fellow photographers offers great progression opportunities. You can learn new skills from other, more experienced photographers and find out about some of the best shooting locations in your area. If you have a specific photography style, photographers with experience in this area will also be able to guide you and help you progress as a photographer, offering hints, tips, and tricks.
As well as being able to learn from communities of photographers, these sites will offer you a whole host of creative inspiration as you discover new trends and photography styles from daily uploads onto the site.
Benefits of Photo Sharing Sites
Now you know a little bit more information about photo sharing sites, you will be curious as to what different benefits they can offer photographers, here are just some:
- Make money with your best shots – Photo sharing sites provide an opportunity for photographers and creatives to make money.
- An instant online photography portfolio – building your presence on an online photo sharing site with your uploads create an instant online photography portfolio. You can then share this with potential clients and other photographers for marketing purposes, feedback, and to review your progression.
- Easy and simple to use – These sites have been created for any user to access and navigate easily.
- Make connections and build relationships with other photographer and clients – a platform for you to meet fellow photographers and to network.
- Exposure for your photos and brand – with photo sharing sites placing importance on high search engine rankings and SEO, uploading to them will boost exposure for your photos.