As soon as your pillow begins to look and feel saggy and lumpy, these are indications that it is time to shop for new ones. Choosing the best pillows online is vital as they will aid your sleep for about eight hours or so.
Tips for Buying the Best Pillows for a Good Night’s Sleep
Determine what kind of pillow can meet the personal preference of your body when sleeping. This is because some people need a firm pillow while others prefer a fluffy one.
The following are essential factors to help you get the best pillows for you:
Consider the Size
A rule of thumb is that the size of the pillow and the bed should match. If the bed is single, get a single pillow. If it is a double bed, get a pillow for it, and so on. But it still depends on your preference, which means you may opt for a king-size pillow for a small bed. Keep in mind that the pillows you buy, whether small or big, will occupy a space of your bed.
Determine Your Favourite Sleeping Position
Take into consideration how you sleep when looking for pillows online. A high-quality pillow can offer you a sound sleep as well as prevent neck pain, maintaining a neutral position for your spine. You can tell if the pillow has the perfect fit if your neck is not tilting in any direction while lying down.
- If you are a back sleeper, get a pillow with medium thickness and can align your neck without causing your head to arch forward.
- If you like to sleep on your sides, choose a firm pillow, as it will help prevent your neck from stretching. Your shoulders should be in line with your ears when sleeping on your side.
- If you are a stomach sleeper, find a thin and soft pillow to keep your neck in a neutral position. Consider putting a pillow below your shoulders to support the proper alignment of the spine.
- If you have no specific sleeping position and typically keep on switching positions as you sleep, get a plush pillow that will enable you to toss and turn to find the perfect position. The fill of a plush pillow is movable as you also move.
Choose Your Filling
The best pillows online have different characteristics, whether flat or fluffy, so find out what is suitable for you before you make the final purchase:
- Memory foam – This comes in shredded and solid styles. With shredded memory foam, it provides you with a supportive feel as it enables you to move the fill around to obtain a plusher pillow. On the other hand, solid memory foam gives a high supportive feel, but the filling is unmovable.
- Latex pillow – This one gives a squishy feel and bounces back a lot faster than memory foam. Latex pillows also come in both shredded and solid materials.
- Down pillow – This type of pillow has the fluffiest filling. If you choose a feather and down pillow combination, you will get a firmer pillow.
- Down alternative – This pillow features a synthetic fill, giving you the right amount of softness. It is ideal for individuals with down allergy.
A mattress may have a large part of providing you with a good night’s sleep, but the pillow you use is equally important. Therefore, find the best pillows online, and you will never wake up with muscle stiffness in your neck again. Waking up feeling rested has a lot to do with your pillow.