What is vaginoplasty?
It is a type of surgery that focuses on the tightening of the female vagina. It strengthens those loose tissues that become saggy due to childbirth or aging. Moreover, it also tightens up the associated muscles with the vagina. Some surgeons often say that this surgery also increases the ratio of sensitivity. It is a fact that vaginal tissues and muscles can lose due to stretch and can again tighten by surgical procedures. This surgery brings close together the muscles of the vagina by removing excess vaginal mucosa skin.
Types of vaginoplasty
Like most of the other plastic surgeries, there are two types of vaginoplasty, and each performs its respective functions.
- The reconstructive type of surgery refers to the improvement of the vagina’s function. It repairs the damaged soft tissues and also gives support to the muscles.
- The cosmetic type of surgery refers to enhance the aesthetic aspect of the body part. It modifies the physical appearance of female genitalia.
In most cases, this surgery performs to achieve a high level of sensitivity during sexual intercourse. But sometimes, it focuses on treating birth disorders or any sudden trauma. This surgery provides a feeling of satisfaction after major events like childbirth, aging, or any genital illness.
Proper cleaning and sterilization are recommended before the surgery. Colon cleanse is often given to the patients for detailed cleaning. Then the local or general anesthesia is given to the patient. The surgeon will remove the excess of vaginal mucosa skin, repair the torn edges, and do the necessary procedures like raising mucosal flaps according to the requirements.
Complete recovery from this procedure requires 6 to 8 weeks. It is essential that you have a healthy body free from any life-threatening ailment for a rapid healing process. The patient has to follow all the instructions given by the surgeons that usually includes,
- You have to wash with water and soap regularly. But be careful that you have to clean it gently.
- Follow the prescription carefully and take medicines regularly at the exact time.
- Try to avoid every kind of harshness near the surgical area, including any kind of sexual activity. Because during the healing period, this type of activity may lead to reopening or further complications.
- Do not lift heavy things like weight lifting.
Benefits or results
Vaginoplasty offers various benefits based on your desire and situation. Here is a list of some common benefits,
- After getting a tight vagina, the feeling of pleasure increased during sexual activity.
- It will give you a feeling of satisfaction, and it also boosts your confidence level.
- If you get this surgery for aesthetic purpose, definitely your physical appearance will enhance, and it reshapes and modifies not only its appearance, but it also improves its function as well.
Risks and complications
Some risks and complications are also associated with vaginoplasty. But if you will follow the instructions of the surgeon and visit an experienced and qualified surgeon, it can limit the proportion of risks. However, here is a list of some risks that are related to this surgery,
- You may feel constant discomfort for some weeks.
- There are some visible scars and bruises that will fade away with time, but there is a chance of permanent marks as well. But the chances of such kinds of cases are very rare.
- If you do not take care properly, any infection may occur in the surgical area that ends with the loss of sensation in severe cases
- You will feel swelling and bruising for approximately two weeks.
It is necessary that you should have realistic expectations about the surgery. You have to consult a certified and registered surgeon and tell him about your entire medical history. Follow the precautionary and recovery measures for the successful completion of the healing process.