The storehouses about a thousand copies of books, e-books, and audiobook collections that are accessible through their library facility or can also be bought from them. If you ever visit Bucharest, this is a must-visit place for you, doesn’t matter whether you are a bookworm or not. You will still fantasize about their architecture, coffee shop, gift shop, and basically their entire organization of books. If you are ever struggling to find postcards in the city, feel free to drop by their store as they have a diverse collection of postcards that you can’t find elsewhere. You can purchase items or books from the store or even sit and read in their library or cafeteria while you order something to eat.
Category: Book store, shopping center
Address: Strada Lipscani 55, București, Romania
Postal Code: 030033
Time you can spend here
You can spend 3 to 6 hours at this book store.
Sunday: 11.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m
Monday: 11.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m
Tuesday: 11.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m
Wednesday: 11.00 a.m to 10.00 p.m
Thursday: 11.00 a.m to 10.00 p.m
Friday: 11.00 a.m to 10.00 p.m
Saturday: 11.00 a.m to 10.00 p.m
- Book store
- Wine, gift, and souvenir store
How to reach
Most of the travelers prefer to book delta airlines reservations to Bucharest Airport. Then, take a taxi to reach Carturesti Carusel.
Line 783 buses from the Bucharest Airport bus stop, located 16.8 kilometers away, take 44 minutes to reach the store and cost 4 – 8 RON.
By taxi or cab
A taxi from the Bucharest Airport, located 16.8 kilometers away, to the bookstore will take about 25 minutes to reach and cost 25-33 RON.
Tips for visitors
- A great place for finding postcards in the city.
- Some of the imported books here are 20-30% costlier than online or other shops.
- Huge collection of books in all sections – you name it, it’s there.
- The coffee shop is quite reasonable and offers a great ambiance to sit and read.
- Sometimes, live concerts and events are held on the ground floor.
- The gift shop on the ground floor houses numerous beautiful gift items, souvenirs, CDs, vinyl, etc.
- You can also spend as much time as you want reading books in this library.
- The foreign language section is small compared to other stores in the city.
Attraction Write Up
This place easily bags the title of one of the most visited tourist spots in the city of Bucharest with its modern, vintage, and look like that of a huge book cathedral. No-doubt, Carturesti Carusel also makes it to the list of most Instagram-worthy places in the city to visit. If you are a book lover, you can plan your trip and book delta airlines reservations to visit here. Even, there are so many other attractions near to this place where visit loves to visit again and again, because of its vintage and fairly like decoration. Also, it houses a coffee shop on the top floor and a gift shop on the ground floor. This place is not just a book store at the corner of the city but is built in the form of a shopping center that has a library too. It has a witty selection of books, CDs, vinyl’s, movies, music, wines, teas, and souvenirs to offer.