Improper operation is very dangerous for every worker. When a jaw crusher is running, maybe it looks like no danger because of its large outlet and low speed when crushing bulk stones. There are some operators who do think they can handle the stone blocking problem without stopping the running jaw crusher, which just needs to move away from the uncrushed stone. But accidents often occur at the time, which never gives you an opportunity to regret.
In the following video, this Chinese worker jumped in the running jaw crusher to move the blocked granite, and then he gets crushed from head to the toe only left his helmet on the stone. What a tragedy! It’s not my purpose to tell the blood and cruel story but evoke a strong sense of safe operation for every worker.
Things you must know about crushers operation:
Preparation before starting
- Carefully check whether the main parts of the crusher, such as jaws, bearings, connecting rods, pulleys, and V-belts, are in normal condition. Whether fastening bolts and other connecting parts are loose, and protective devices such as belt pulleys, flywheel covers, etc. are complete.
- Check whether auxiliary equipment such as voltmeter, instrument panel, and signal equipment is normal.
- Check whether there are materials in the crusher. If there is a large piece of material in the crushing cavity, it must be taken out before it can be started.
Operation precautions during start-up and operation
- If the rock is too big to block the crushing force, you must not clean it while the machine is running, as this will cause a tragedy like the one above. Be sure to deal with it after the machine has stopped.
- Pick out the waste metals from the crusher to protect the crusher
- When the electrical equipment automatically trips, it is strictly forbidden to start continuously when you don’t know the causes.
- If it appears an abnormal sound of the machine, shut down the machine immediately, and stop feeding. When the material is crushed completely in the chamber, stop the main shaft, and cut off the power.
Be sure to ask three questions before working:
l Am I in danger?
2 Are protective measures in place?
3 Is my operation safe and reliable?
As a 40-year crushing machine manufacturer, Fote Machinery provides a safe and healthy working environment. The company makes strict safety regulations and trains every work step by step about how to correctly operate a machine. Because the company deeply realize that safety always comes first. Nothing is impossible without security. As per safery is concerned do check out Corded Jigsaw Reviews and guide for better understanding of tool.
Don’t let ignorance ruin your life…