Web marketing means that a company makes use of Internet to increase sales. There are, therefore, many possibilities to improve your digital strategy. From social networks to websites to email, the range of web marketing tools is extensive. The web can be used for digital marketing for lawyers.
It would be difficult, if not impossible, to compile an exhaustive list of all the web marketing tools. We can nevertheless cite the most used web marketing tools:
- Classic web marketing tools. Emailing, online advertising, affiliation, website.
- Social networks. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram.
- Community platforms. Forums and discussion areas.
- Partnerships, brand promotion through influencers, participation in online events.
Classic Web Marketing Tools
These web marketing tools are the oldest and those that must be considered the most to sell on the Internet. Most of the businesses on the web have most of these tools in place. Depending on the company’s activity, it may be imperative to use these tools, under penalty of not being sufficiently visible or competitive.
The website, although sometimes dispensable, is one of the fundamental bases of web marketing. Whether it is a showcase site, a corporate or e-commerce site, the site’s primary objective is to assert its presence on the Internet.
In the case of a shop, it is evident that a website is essential. To be able to sell without geographical restrictions, 24/7.
In web marketing, affiliation consists of asking other sites to promote its offer for a merchant site. It is, therefore, a question of taking advantage of the notoriety and the space of another website to sell its products and services.
Emailing is a web marketing tool that sends mass emails to B2C vocation, to a mailing list. A somewhat telling example of emailing is the newsletter, intending to keep its audience informed while promoting its brand.
- Online advertising
Whether on Google or social networks, online advertising can bring a significant ROI (return on investment). Appearing to the eyes of thousands of Internet users who will not have known you other than through advertising can be a natural development opportunity.
Depending on your company’s activity, social networks can be much more interesting than a website for your digital presence. Creating an account on a social network is shorter and less expensive to set up than a site. Therefore, it would be a shame to do without it, especially since social networks are one of the most effective web marketing tools for building customer loyalty.
Among the most popular social networks we can mention:
- The social network to present his brand, or his person, professionally.
- Usually used to distribute information and promotions regularly.
- More used to maintain proximity with its audience. Very useful for targeted advertising with Facebook Ads.
- Both a video-sharing platform and a social network, YouTube is the reference site for broadcasting a video.
- More focused on communication based on images and photos.
Community platforms are all places of exchange between Internet users. These discussion spaces help fuel passions, debates, and any other public opinion about the brand.
A community platform can take various aspects:
- The discussion forum. Usually integrated into the company’s website, the forum allows the community to self-animate and fosters a certain closeness to the brand.
- Community software. Community sites and software are becoming more and more democratic. Originally dedicated to gamers, platforms such as Discord are now also used by certain brands to unite their community.
Sponsorship means all actions promoting a brand through an event or a third party. This can, for example, result in financial participation in the organization of an online event and thus appear as a partner.
The most common sponsorship practices in web marketing are:
- The partnership. As explained previously, the brand finances the event and offers visibility to the participants.
- Sponsor a structure linked to video games. More and more structures and associations linked to web activities linked to video games are emerging. Big brands, such as Honda, Red bull, MasterCard, or Puma, sponsor competitive video game teams (just as they could sponsor a sports team). This allows the brand to offer itself excellent visibility with the public who follow this type of competition on the Internet.
- Promotion via influencers. Mainly practiced on the social networks YouTube and Instagram, this type of sponsorship consists of paying an influencer (a person widely followed on the Internet) to talk about the brand.