Each car has its own unique VIN number. This is the vehicle identification number, which is given during production and can no longer be changed.
VIN consists of 17 characters — it can be both letters and numbers. It contains a lot of useful information, and serves as the basis for obtaining a report on the history of vehicles. You can check a VIN number at BADVIN.
Why should you Check your Car’s VIN Number?
VIN is a very important parameter that you need to consider when checking the legality of purchasing a car. You can use the VIN to establish the true history of the vehicle.
If you are looking to buy a used car, you should go through a VIN check. Any inaccuracies that appear after checking the VIN number means that there is something suspicious in the car. In this case, you should refuse to buy. This will save you time and money.
Where to look for your car VIN?
VIN can be useful in different situations. The main thing for you is to know where he is. Its most common location is behind the windshield. You will find a number decal at the bottom of the windshield on the driver’s side.
If the VIN is not there, then you should look for it on the door pillars, body, engine, chassis. The location of the VIN varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. It is important to remember that the VINs located in different locations must be the same. If not, know something fishy!
The identification number is indicated in the documents. It appears on the vehicle’s V5C registration document, insurance policy documents, or service records.
In what situations is VIN needed?
You may ask the question: “Why do you need to search for a VIN on a car? It’s just a set of numbers and letters!”
Note that the US alone fakes hundreds of VINs every day. The number can be copied or deleted. If the VIN of your car is incorrect, then you may have serious problems: falsifying the identification number is a criminal offense. They can even pick up your car.
Checking the VIN information may be necessary in the following cases:
- Buying a used car. When buying a used car, you need to be sure that its history is clear. This will allow you to save money and not get into an unpleasant story. Using VIN, you can order a report on the history of the car, which will indicate the number of previous owners, service level, thefts, deposits, insurance status.
- Car sale. Not only buyers, but also sellers should double-check the VIN. It’s best to stay in the background before letting others accuse you of a scam you didn’t commit. This will give you confidence in the performance of your vehicle.
- Search for the stolen car. VIN is a huge help in tracking the location of your car in case it has been stolen by intruders.
How to decrypt VIN?
Believe it or not, 17 characters contain a wide variety of information about the car. The deal is that you can decode the information yourself using a decoder.
What do the symbols mean:
- First three characters. Called the manufacturer’s global identifier. With its help, you can get information about the country of manufacture, as well as the company that produced the car. A certain number is assigned to each country.
- Characters 4 through 8. Section — vehicle description. Each of the symbols characterizes certain technical aspects of the car. You can find out about the type of engine, body, belts and airbags, model range.
- Signs 9 to 11. They include the security check code, the year of manufacture of the car, information about the plant that produced the car.
- Numbers 12 to 17. These characters are the unique serial number of the vehicle.
BADVIN provides a complete information about vehicles
For a complete vehicle history report, contact BADVIN. It’s a large database containing up-to-date vehicle information. You will learn:
- Vehicle Specifications
- Title Records and Title Checks
- Junk, Salvage
- Lien, Impound and Theft Records
- Insurance Records
- Owner History, Registered State
- Many other important records.
You can order different types of reports: free, Basic or Premium. You will have accurate information about your car or the car you want to buy.