No matter if you want to buy a product or want to find a review before buying, you may want to a site that gives you information from a million points of view. And guess what! For such actions, you could easily rely on Trustpilot.
So what is Trustpilot?
Trustpilot is a humungous platform where you can both leave a review on specific product or business, and get to read reviews from other consumers as well. It is mainly a free site; however, there are premium options for business where you may have to spend cents.
As per the company’s website, Trustpilot is a platform that allows consumers and companies to come together where they can contribute by sharing, and collaborating. This result in a vast improvement of the company as they can directly connect to the customers and get their feedback. The company claims that it is open to all, allows a great deal of independence and transparency to both consumers and businesses.
The website was first developed in Denmark in 2007, and a whopping number of 1 million reviews are posted each month using the website.
Now you may wonder, is Trustpilot legit? Well, let’s find it out with some brief details on how it works.
How Trustpilot works?
- It collects ratings and reviews done by different consumers all over the world.
- Any business/company could open their account to interact with their customers.
- If you are only here to see reviews or rating, you do not need an account.
- Guidelines are provided, which shows if you are eligible to rate or post a review.
- As customers, you can dig into the details as Trustpilot allows you to see the activities of a particular business in the platform through business transparency page option.
- Both consumers and business profile have the opportunity of creating a free account.
Is Trustpilot Legit?
Overall, Trustpilot is a reliable platform as it allows transparency to a great extent by connecting consumers to the businesses they have used. They also verify customers on their eligibility. Nevertheless, many claims the platform not to be legit. Some said that they allow everyone to write reviews or do the rating. Well, it is not always easy to find out if the customer is a real identity or not. However, there are plenty of ways we can figure out if the rating or review is a fake one or not. In short,
- To rate or post reviews, you have to do an eligibility check.
- The companies are allowed to filter out the negative comments that deem fake.
- The system is built on transparency and provides independence to both customers and businesses.
Despite some negative feedback from various communities or people, you could hold Trustpilot a legit source since the system tries to filter out and look for any fake comments that have been posted. Also, we could help ourselves by using different techniques that tell us about the true identity of a consumer.
Now that we know what is Trustpilot and if it is a legit platform or not, we should definitely use Trustpilot for the vast opportunities for rating and posting reviews online. The businesses should also use the platform as it allows them to have direct contact with their customers; hence, feedback on the business. Trustpilot reviews help your business.