The certification present in the ITIL lifecycle workstream is the service design certification. It aims at developing and designing IT services. It includes the processes, procedures, documentation, and policies that allow one to create or design services that fulfil the requirements of the company or programme.
The processes used for designing are crucial to the constant development and improvements of the services in the lifecycle. It also enables you to know more about the methods needed to manage, develop, build, integrate, and create a service design in the IT service management procedure.
The course defines the objective, processes, and procedures of service design. Also, it helps one to learn the steps required to execute and organize this along with the complete service management. It also provides instruction on the tasks associated with technology. It also displays the connection between service design and the numerous other stages of the entire lifecycle.
This course also includes the management and maintenance of tasks and techniques that are documented in the publication of service design. However, it does not include the complete detail for every process.
The connection of the IT services with the business can easily be enhanced with good service design. It also ensures the fulfilment of the needs of the clients. This certification demonstrates the value of consistent service design processes. It also offers the instruction related to the launch and development of the services that will fulfil the continuous and existing needs of the programmes and the industry.
The credit system
You have to collect a specific number of credit points from every ITIL certification to move on the upper level within the ITIL system.
The service design module offers a total of three credit points towards 17 credit points needed to reach the MALC module. It is the last module before reaching the ITIL expert-level certification.
There are many job roles suitable for this certification, for example, the capacity manager, availability manager, and so on. However, the choice of the job depends mainly on the career goals of an individual.
Service Design Examination
To take up the service level certification, it is compulsory to acquire the foundational level certification first. You can also take up ATO training courses for achieving the service design certification. It includes around eight questions based on scenarios. You need to score around 28 marks or 70% to clear this exam. Besides, it does not allow any external resources or materials since this exam is a closed book. Sixty minutes is the time given to complete the exam.
Benefits of ITIL service design certification
- Recognition: This certification enables you to receive more recognition and knowledge within your organization. You also get higher responsibilities than non-certified individuals.
- Step towards the ITIL expert-level certification: Since one needs to collect around 17 credit points to get the ITIL expert-level certification, it is required to obtain all the certifications.
- Proves your determination: This certification enables the employers or recruiters to see your immense determination, dedication, and hard work. Besides, it adds value and importance to your resume.
- Enhance your skills: This certification ensures that you gain the skills to launch and build high-quality products and services. These products are based on the requisites of the programme and also the business.
- Linking IT with business: This certification gives you the opportunity to get information which is needed for enhancing the IT alignment. This alignment is done with the end-user requirements with an efficient design.
- Valuable products/services: It also helps to fulfil the fundament design necessities that are linked with people, governance and technology. It enables one to offer valuable and better services/goods to the clients.
- Decision-making Improvements: It helps you to find risks, effects, impacts and every possible outcome of processes or services before implementation of a service. Thus, you can make improved and better decisions in the organization due to having a better overview of the processes or services that are included in the structure of the organization.
All the above-mentioned benefits tell about why it stands apart from other ITIL certifications. Therefore, spending your effort and time in getting ITIL service design certification is worth it. It helps you to make sure that service is implemented without any issue and at minimum cost. If you want to excel in your IT career, you must become certified in ITIL service design.
read more about Australia day doodle #googledoodle