Nowadays, dog owners have fewer and fewer doubts about the need to purchase a crate for their four-legged friend. If earlier the attitude to this was sharply negative, then today many have already on their own experience tested the convenience and even necessity in some cases of this subject.
It is necessary in cases where the pet has been alone for a long time but at the same time behaves too actively. Usually, growing up puppies and young animals, being alone in an apartment for a long time, can gnaw furniture, tear off wallpaper, misbehave in the kitchen, or scatter food. There is a danger of the dog chewing on the wires or knocking over the aquarium. To protect the puppy from potential injuries and his house from destruction, and use crates for dogs. Get more detail at billige-hundebur.com.
The selection of crates for dogs
The need for a temporary restriction of movement arises quite often. This can be moving or air travel, participation in exhibitions and shows, and other events. In this case, a dog accustomed to its crate will behave much more calmly in transport and a large crowd of people since the crate will give it a sense of security.
- A prerequisite for a comfortable stay of your pet in the crate is its size, which should be choosing based on the height and breed of your dog. The animal should stand freely in the crate, lie down and turn (spin). Ideally, if the dog sleeps stretched out, no part of its body should touch the walls. Then we can assume that the size is suitable for the animal.
- If you are buying a crate for a puppy, be sure to consider how large it may grow shortly. Or consider replacing the crate with a more spacious one.
- There are different types and models of crates, the most common materials being iron (wire), plastic, or tarpaulin (such as a tent with a metal frame).
- You need to accustom your four-legged friend to the crate gradually, without pressure and pressure from your side. It is best to leave the door open, put a couple of toys inside and wait for the curious puppy to climb in. After that, be sure to encourage him with a delicacy.
- Having got used to the crate, the dog will consider it his mini-house and be happy to sleep and play in it, which will simplify raising it and make keeping the dog in the house completely safe.
After you got acquainted with a bunch of possible canine villainies and already ten times regretted your decision to get a dog, wandering through the canine sultry desert, you finally stumbled upon an oasis. And this oasis is called a crate for a dog.
The crate, with the correct maintenance of the dog, is no worse than your apartment, the leash with which we tie the dog to the radiator when leaving, or the balcony to which we expel it.
Can a dog be like a crate?
Let’s get back to basics. Recall that wolves are born and live in structures called dens. The type of lair, or lair, can vary from a depression in the ground to a spacious and deep hole. And dogs, like the closest relatives of wolves, also want a den. A dog’s den can be a corner next to a sofa, an armchair, a space under a table or bed, or another relatively small place with comfortable and safe walls from the dog’s point of view. The crate helps to satisfy this “lair instinct.” If you properly house the dog and properly crate it, it will treat it as its separate apartment – den.
Children and the crate
If you have children, the crate is the place where the puppy can escape from them. And by placing the dog in the crate, you save the kids from the dog’s over-attention. A crate is a place where no one will disturb the dog, and it will not disturb anyone.
Car and crate
It is advisable to transport the dog in a crate in a car. This restricts its movement, eliminates the possibility of interference with control, and preserves the seat covers and the cleanliness of the glass. During long journeys, many dogs grow sick, while others begin to salivate profusely.
The crate is also very convenient in case of a vacation. Many airlines and hotels only accept pets in crates. And the motel will easily allow you to keep the dog if it is in the crate