What Is Social Media Listening?
Social media listening is a strategy that uses software to monitor and analyze information on what is being said about a brand from social media. Rather than solely collecting number data, it takes into account the way that consumers feel about your brand and similar brands on the market. Businesses can listen to their audience on a multitude of social media outlets to find out where and how people are talking about their company.
The Importance Of Social Media Listening & How Businesses Can Use Collected Data
Social media listening is significant as it is useful a tool for businesses or companies. Every business knows the importance of “giving the people what they want”, but without a way of knowing what consumers are thinking, a business may not be able to deliver. Knowing what others are saying about your company or your competitors’ company can be beneficial to your business in more ways than one.
- Gauge what’s working: Positive feedback is essential for any business, as it lets you and your team know what you’re doing right. As a business, it’s important to confirm that the product or service you are trying to sell as well as the format in which you are marketing your product or service is being received well by your audience.
- Gauge what’s not working: Although it’s never as nice to hear as positive feedback, negative feedback plays just as important of a role when it comes to running a successful business. If people aren’t liking your brand or the products that you sell, it’s generally a good idea to find out where you may be going wrong.
- Improving marketing methods: Upon ascertaining that a marketing tactic doesn’t work well for your business, you can take this opportunity to utilize what your audience is saying about your brand and improve it. Maybe your team isn’t interactive enough with your consumers on social media or your online advertisement wasn’t effective. Using social media listening, you can hear out your audience and make the necessary marketing changes.
- Improving products or services: Like being able to improve how you market your business, you can improve whatever products or services you are offering customers. By using social media listening, you can use any complaints about your company’s output to refine your company accordingly.
- Influencer networking: Advertising means everything for a brand, so it would be advantageous for businesses to know who the influencers with a decent following are and reach out to them. A business can determine which influencers to connect with to potentially promoting a brand.
- Learning from competitors: Knowing what your target audience is saying about your competitors on the market can be helpful to improving your own brand. Find out what consumers like or don’t like about competitors and learn from it.
One company that offers many social listening services is NetBase Quid. NetBase Quid is a market research company that was founded in 2004 that uses artificial intelligence to collect data for businesses. NetBase offers services such as present consumer insights, product management, customer service, brand marketing, digital marketing, and PR for brands in nearly 100 countries. NetBase is a trusted partner with many well-known brands such as American Airlines, Coca-Cola, T-Mobile, Hyundai, and many others. NetBase Quid’s goal is to encourage businesses to make wise data-driven choices in a timely and efficient manner through their services.