You are planning your next camping trip. First things that you will think about the gadgets you need for your next trip with your friends. Right gadgets can save your day and can prevent danger in time of need. One of those gadgets is a hunting knife that can be your important friend if used in the right manner.
Having a quality knife can prevent lots of danger if you are travelling for camping or fishing. An outdoor knife is a little different than a kitchen knife as they need all-around performance. Other than sharpness, knives needed to corrosion-resistant to function in a rugged environment such as camping.
Here we have presented two of the common knives people take on their trips. Have a look and make your next road trip danger-free.
Spyderco ParaMilitary2 G-10 Plain Edge Knife
Spyderco does it again when it comes to outstanding quality cutlery for the outdoors. The Para-Military knife stands by its name, as it is built for tough conditions. As compared to the original Military, this product is two-thirds the size, and it is made of CPM-S30V hard steel for the blade. What’s more, there is a 14-mm round hole that is suitable for people with larger hands, or those who prefer to use the knife with gloves on. Other features of this product include:
- Stainless steel liners for the handle
- Flat-ground blade made of W1 steel
- Blade locks come with a black shade, which is DLC-coated
- Ergonomic design for the handle
- Easy to carry and highly accessible
This great quality knife by Spyderco comes with an impressive and compact package that makes it easy to bring for your trip. The blade is thick and sharp, made of W1 steel hard steel, and indexed round hole at 14 millimetres for people with larger hands. You will have no problem holding or having a firm grip on the handle because of the ergonomic curves it comes with. Thus, you can expect optimum control while holding the knife, which ensures you of precision and accuracy when you cut items with this tool. For your convenience, the knife has a pocket clip made of steel. So, you can carry the knife with you on a tip-down manner for quick accessibility.
- Easy to flip the knife open
- As you get used to the knife, you will notice that it is no longer requires much of an effort to open it when you need to use this tool. This ease in the opening, as well as in closing, the knife enhances user experience because there is no hassle when the time comes for you to start cutting a range of items with this tool.
- The perfect length of the blade
- For an every-day knife, this product is just what you need with its blade length a little over 3.5 inches. This should be enough to use for cutting without feeling intimidated about using a large knife for your outdoor adventures.
- Razor-sharp blade
- The blade is made of CPM-S30V industry-standard steel, and this can cut through various items with outstanding precision. To keep the blade well-maintained and ready to use all the time, you can simply use the sharpening stone, which polishes the edges up quickly.
- There is just one concern that some users have experienced with this knife, despite its apparent functionality and performance. Mainly, it is the fact that this knife is not too easy to hook up to your pants pocket, as compared to what you may experience with other knives in this review. There is friction with the G10 and the pocket clip, and that makes it somewhat tough to secure the knife on your jeans pocket. The best technique to fix this minor issue is by sanding down and removing the part of the G10 that gets in the way.
With the superior quality of the blade, compact design, steady grip, and functionality of the knife, this tool is a must-have for your trip to the outdoors.