Bathrooms benefit from renovations just as much as the kitchen or living room. Whether you plan to stay in your home long-term or buy and sell frequently, re-doing your bathroom is one of the best updates you can add to any home. It is one area where there is no “right way” to do it, and while older homes may have an outdated style, renovation can update your bathroom and modernize it with a fresh, stylish look. Whether starting from scratch or doing a minor upgrade, there are plenty of tips from the experienced bathroom remodelers at Fast Bath. Browse through these 15 bathroom improvement ideas to find inspiration for your next remodeling project.
1. Install new lighting fixtures above the mirror and sink area: It can be challenging to apply makeup or shave in a dark bathroom without proper lighting. You may want to consider installing new lighting fixtures above the mirror and sink area to make it easier to see what you’re doing when getting ready in front of the mirror each day.
2. Regrout tile around tubs, showers, sinks, and countertops. Tile is a popular feature in many bathrooms, but it can start to look dingy over time. Grout between tiles can erode, allowing moisture into the porous material beneath. It can lead to the spread of mold and bacteria harmful to inhale. Regrouting tile will eliminate those hazardous substances and make your bathroom look brand new again.
3. Make sure to paint or wallpaper wall: vanities, and cabinets in coordinating colors that make them pop! Add a fresh coat of paint to ceiling moldings, baseboards, trim pieces like door jambs that get scuffed with wear over time, and any other miscellaneous items such as towel bars or soap dishes!
4. Add a new shower curtain or liner: One of the simplest ways to freshen up your bathroom is by adding a new shower curtain or liner. Each time you shower, you can now enjoy the new look!
5. Install a new bathtub: If you have an old bathtub stained and difficult to clean, it may be time to upgrade. A new bathtub can add value to your home and provide you with years of enjoyment. A Jacuzzi tub is a great option if you want to splurge, but there are many other options.
6. Change out your vanity. A new vanity can change the look and feel of your entire bathroom. You’ll have plenty of options when choosing a new vanity for your space, including different colors, materials, and styles. If you’re on a budget, consider getting one from IKEA!
7. Add floating shelves above the toilet: Installing floating shelves above the toilet can be a great way to provide extra storage in a small bathroom by utilizing the available space. You may want to consider adding an electrical outlet behind this shelf so that you can power your bathroom appliances.
8. Go Green with Eco-Friendly Options Toilets: If you are looking for environmentally friendly ways to remodel your bathroom, consider installing water-saving showerheads and low-flow toilets. In addition to being more environmentally friendly, these low-flow models also use less water than traditional models, which can help lower utility bills and save you money in the long run.
9. Update Your Faucets: Start with your faucets if you want to makeover your bathroom on a budget. New faucets can be relatively inexpensive, but they’ll still make a big difference in the overall look and feel of the space. You might even opt for an intelligent faucet that turns on instantly with motion sensors.
10. Install a Heated Towel Rack: Another great way to add some luxury to your bathroom is by installing a heated towel rack. This small addition will keep towels warm and dry for a more luxurious experience each time you get out of the shower or tub.
11. Add a Waterfall Shower Head: A waterfall shower head is another great way to improve the appearance and functionality of your bathroom. This simple addition will allow you to enjoy a high-end shower experience every day from your home!
12. Update the fixtures: it is one of the things you can do to update the bathroom. Please take out the old fixtures and replace them with new ones. The hardware in your bathroom can be easily updated. You can find many ideas for your bathroom remodel that will change its look completely.
13. Choose new tiles: One way to update your bathroom is to use new tiles on the walls or flooring. You can choose from various materials for your flooring and wall tiles, such as ceramic, porcelain, marble, granite, or even wood. When you search online for bathroom tile styles, you will find many ideas to make your project easy to complete. Many types of materials.
14. Add a Sink Skirt: If you want to add both style and storage space, try adding a sink skirt underneath your bathroom sink. It will give you easy access to extra storage in a small area where cabinets or shelves would not fit. It also allows you to show your personality by using a fun patterned fabric for the skirt. You can even add some lace trim or fringe for even more flair!
15.Create a Rain Shower: A rain shower head can completely change how you feel about taking a shower. It is like being outside during a spring rainfall, but you still get all of the benefits of being indoors! To add this feature to your bathroom, choose an attractive rain showerhead at any home improvement store and have one of the workers install it.
Bathrooms love to get shared amongst family members. While we all want to feel like royalty sometimes, there’s usually only one bathroom in a household. Therefore, it is paramount that any remodeling and renovation of this space get done for your comfort and your entire family’s welfare. The best way to ensure this happens is by demonstrating that you have considered all the possibilities when revamping and tinkering with your bathroom.