If you are someone who often tosses and turns in the bed, waiting for slumber to taker over, then you know how it feels the next morning. You are cranky, out of sorts, and groggy. There is a brain fog where you are not functioning at the best of your capacity, and your mental and other faculties feel drained.
Scientists have figured out that poor sleep has tons of long-term adverse effects on our bodies. It affects our memory, our mood, thinking, and focusing capabilities. We could also encounter accidents if we drive out after a terrible night of sleep.
Causes of Sleep Deprivation
Sleep deprivation is primarily caused by two factors: consistent lack of sleep and poor quality of sleep. If you do not get 7 hours of sleep on a regular basis it could lead to major health problems. A few common reasons for lack of sleep are:
- Sleep disorders – People can have sleep apnea, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, or narcolepsy that can cause sleep issues.
- Stress – Emotional or physical stress can make a person sleep for fewer hours than the recommended number of hours. A new baby or change in schedule can disrupt sleep too.
- Aging – Many elders who are above 65 years of age are on many medications that can cause sleep disorders. Aging in itself can cause a decrease in sleeping hours.
3 Adverse Effects of Sleep Deprivation
Amongst the multitude of problems sleep deprivation can cause, here are the top three:
- It affects the central nervous system – Our central nervous system is the main pathway for information and needs good sleep for its proper functioning. If sleep is affected for a long time, it starts affecting our nervous system that can cause a host of issues that include:
- There is a decrease in coordination and an increase in the risk of accidents.
- Unable to retain information or learn new things.
- Mood swings and impulsive behavior.
- Anxiety and depression.
- Paranoia or suicidal thoughts.
- Microsleep, where you fall off to sleep during the day for a few seconds without you even realizing it.
- The immune system does not function efficiently- With a night of good sleep, our immune system produces antibodies and cytokines that fight bacteria and other infections. If one does not get a good night’s sleep consistently, our immune system cannot build up the forces that are needed to fend off invaders. This in turn prolongs the process of recovery if you fall ill. A long term sleep deprivation also brings about a hoard of other chronic conditions like diabetes mellitus, heart disease, etc.
- Worsens respiratory system – Our respiratory system and sleep quality go hand in hand. If anyone suffers from OSA (obstructive sleep apnea), it could lead to frequent waking up in the night and a decrease in sleep quality. This causes sleep deprivation which makes your respiratory system more vulnerable to infections like flu and the common cold. If someone has chronic lung disease then it gets worsened with sleep deprivation.
Buy Pregabalin to Counter Sleep Disorders
Pregabalin is an anticonvulsant drug that has shown to be effective in combating sleep disorders and improving sleep quality. Studies have shown that people who have hypnotic-dependent insomnia have benefited significantly by administrating Pregabalin. Pregabalin works by inhibiting the release of neurotransmitters that are responsible for pathological anxiety (like glutamate). By reducing neural excitability, Pragabilin ensures a good night’s sleep with a significant increase in sleep time. So those who have struggled with sleep for a long time must buy Pregabalin to get over this chronic and dilapidating disorder.