Without a strong social media presence, your e-commerce brand won’t get much attention. That’s why social media marketing has become an indispensable marketing method. However, the type of social media marketing that drives the most attention is influencer marketing.
Small e-commerce stores can highly benefit from this marketing technique. Without a massive marketing budget, influencer marketing can be just the path you need to take. It can bring you leads, attention, and boost your sales without drying up your funds.
In the following lines, you can get to know influencer marketing better. You’ll also learn about convincing reasons why this marketing method is beneficial for your small e-commerce store.
What Is Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is a hybrid of word-of-mouth marketing, social media marketing, and celebrity endorsement. It relies on the authority and attention of an influencer to shift the focus towards a certain brand and its products.
Influencers are individuals who have caught the attention of a larger number of people on social media with their authenticity, quality content, or expertise. Their credibility among their audience is what makes them a valuable addition to a brand’s marketing strategy.
Based on the number of followers, influencers are categorized into 4 groups:
- Mega influencers: 1 million + followers
- Macro influencers: 100,000 – 1 million followers
- Micro influencers: 10,000 – 100,000 followers
- Nano influencers: 10,000 followers or less
Even though mega and macro-influencers have a wider reach, more and more brands navigate towards micro and nano influencers. Influencers with a smaller “fan-base” tend to have a higher engagement rate and thus, a closer relationship with the followers.
Small e-commerce brands typically collaborate with micro and nano influencers because of the cost. Mega and macro-influencers charge high fees for brand collaborations.
Brands work with influencers for various reasons. We have singled out the most relevant reasons for introducing influencer marketing to your small e-commerce business marketing strategy.
1. Influencer Marketing Can Help You Build Trust
The world of the internet is full of scams. Because of it, consumers are very hesitant about purchasing on an unknown e-commerce website.
It can be a challenge for small e-commerce businesses to build trust. Your brand’s name isn’t well-known. You don’t have hundreds of thousands of reviews all over the web to speak on your behalf. That’s why influencers are so important.
According to a Nielsen survey, 92% of customers trust influencers’ recommendations more than any type of ad. Collaboration with an influencer can boost your credibility with their followers as well as other social media users who stumble upon the influencer’s profile.
When a trusted and beloved influencer recommends your products, consumers’ trust issues will be gone.
2. Influencer Marketing Is a Profitable Investment
The Tomoson influence marketing study shared that on average, brands earn $6.50 for every $1 they invest. When you don’t have money to waste on failed marketing attempts, such a return on investment is what you need to target.
If you chose a suitable influencer and put the effort into the content, the investment will pay out. Influencers have the power to entice their followers to make a purchase. Use that power to boost your sales.
3. Influencer Marketing Can Help You Connect with Consumers
The brand-customers relationship isn’t just important for growing your small e-commerce business. Establishing a strong relationship can also bring you returning customers and word-of-mouth marketing.
How can influencer marketing help you strengthen your relationship with consumers?
Well, with well-crafted content, an influencer can introduce your brand’s personality, values, and vision. When customers get to know your brand through a positive image painted by an influencer, they’ll be able to connect with your brand.
The influencer must come up with content that presents you in the best light. If they need some help with that, you can get in touch with writing services. Find essay writing service for writing a quality academic paper as they are more affordable but also very professional.
For the visual aspect of the content, you can use Canva or Snappa. All of these tools recommendations are suitable for small e-commerce businesses with a limited budget.
4. Influencer Marketing Can Increase Your Brand Awareness
Brand awareness is very important for small e-commerce businesses. Having a trustworthy influencer speak about your products can, therefore, be very useful.
A collaboration with an influencer can present your business as authentic and credible. Online shoppers will have an opportunity to hear about what you offer. In that way, you can evoke their interest in your brand.
5. Influencer Marketing Can Help You Target the Right People
Influencer marketing allows you to promote your products to your target audience. You get to establish a collaboration with an influencer whose followers match your target audience. That’s how you’ll know that your marketing efforts won’t be in vain.
When a trusted influencer promotes a type of product that their followers typically like, an increase in sales is inevitable. However, if your marketing efforts aren’t that targeted your chance of reaching the right people will narrow down.
6. Influencer Marketing Will Set You Apart from the Competition
You don’t need aggressive sales tactics to stand out. Not if you use influencer marketing.
With the help of influencers, you can set yourself apart from the competition.
The influencer can put the focus on your unique value proposition. Moreover, he or she can give you something that other small businesses in your niche might not have – the support of a trusted social media personality.
7. Influencer Marketing Can Improve Your SEO
By now you probably know how relevant search engine optimization is. Effective SEO efforts can put your small e-commerce business at the top of relevant search results.
Influencer marketing can boost your SEO. When an influencer shares a link to your products, you’ll gain a valuable backlink. Search engine crawlers will thus get a validation of your website.
Your primary goal with influencer marketing may be generating leads or raising brand awareness but increasing SEO efforts is an amazing bonus.
How to Launch an Influencer Marketing Campaign?
There are several crucial steps for launching an influencer marketing campaign. The following tips can ensure that you don’t miss any of them.
- Identify your target audience – Create a buyer persona that will help you understand the type of audience you want to reach.
- Define your brand – To find the perfect influencer, their work needs to align with your brand’s values. Specify your mission, vision, values, and personality. This will help you give influencers direction for creating content that users can relate to.
- Find the right influencer – The choice of influencer is the foundation for a successful influencer marketing campaign. Pay attention to influencer’s engagement, the content they post, and the brands they worked with in the past.
- Reach out to several influencers – Give yourself some options. Get in touch with several influencers.
- Present your terms in advance – Before you finalize the collaboration, make sure that the influencer agrees with all your terms.
- Measure the performance and adjust – Use analytical tools to measure the performance of your influencer campaign. Based on the results, you can adjust the campaigns and opt for an influencer who brings the best results.
Don’t miss out on a chance to improve your marketing efforts with influencer marketing. This highly effective marketing technique can help you achieve any marketing goal.
Take your time to pick the ideal influencer and to create the best campaign. When you pass that challenge, all that is left for you to do is to reap the rewards.