GAMSAT, or the Graduate Medical School Admissions Test, is a top-quality entrance exam that is designed to test your knowledge across a broad range of disciplines, as well as your thinking and reasoning skills. If you are someone who is trying to get into a graduate medical course in Australia, Ireland, and the UK, then the GAMSAT test is a hurdle you need to clear.
This is a tough and complicated entrance exam, and if you want to succeed, you need to be aware of a few tips and tricks that will help you enhance your results. Here in this post, we will look at some of the best GAMSAT success tips to help you on your way to a great score.
But before getting started with the main section, let us have a look at the eligibility and other related information about this entrance test.
General Information About GAMSAT:
Here is the list of general information that you need to know about the GAMSAT entrance test:
- To be eligible to sit the exam you must have completed a bachelor’s degree or be in the penultimate or final year of your degree.
- This entrance test is held twice a year – You can take this exam in March or September with multiple venues in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, Singapore, and others.
- The test comes in three sections, from which the first is wholly based on humanities and social science. The second section is about writing two essays, while the third section is the most important one as it’s normally double-weighted, consisting of questions from Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
Although there are many more such essential facts to know about GAMSAT, the above-mentioned are some of the major ones.
7 GAMSAT Success Tips and Tricks to Follow:
GAMSAT is one of the most challenging entrance exams for medical entry. Hence to succeed in this exam, you need to follow some tips for the best possible results. Let us have a look at 7 GAMSAT success tips from top-scoring students that you should follow:
- There would be a lot of people or aspirants who will try to find some shortcuts with the help of which they can get better results in this entrance test. But the first and foremost thing to keep in mind is that you should study everything properly to gain good marks in this exam. You need to know how to study for this exam as it’s very different from a normal university level exam which is mainly focused on testing your recall of facts and knowledge. The GAMSAT exam is focused on testing your critical thinking skills and will often use unfamiliar information.
Practice is key and it is a good idea to get a hold of as many practice questions and papers as possible to familiarize yourself with the style and type of questions. These styles are often repeated with different numbers or scenarios and and you can notice them in almost all the ACER practice papers. Get a hold of them and read them properly because such questions will have higher chances of coming into this year’s exam too.
- You also need to keep in mind the exam’s timing – One of the biggest reasons why people are unable to score good marks is they are unable to complete the exam on time. We would suggest you figure out a way to track how many questions you can complete in a set amount of time and develop a sense of how much time you have left with practice.
Make sure you practice the question papers several times, with the help of which you would be able to finish the exam on time. Moreover, you should try to do at least one practice test weekly or even daily as you approach the exam to ensure that you will enhance the time limit to complete.
- Most people think that continuously preparing for the exam will help you generate a good result. In fact it’s important to make sure you remain in a good mindset, and fresh for the exam. When there’s a week left till the exam, you should try to take more rest and reduce the stress of study, with the help of which you would be able to carry forward your test efficiently, it generates a better result.
- It can be useful to study with friends or even get outside expert help with a gamsat course or tutor that will help you better understand the exam, how to prepare and give you tips and tricks to crack this entrance exam.
- If you want to prepare yourself for section one, you should read broadly and expose yourself to lots of different types of information. Read speeches, essays, newspapers and more. It’s important to also read these while thinking critically about what the author is trying to say and the value of their opinions. With the help of this small step, you will begin to develop your comprehension skills.
- The second section is essay writing and requires you to practice over a large length of time. Make sure you get someone to review your writing and provide feedback.
- Practice answering questions and learn to develop your own technique and strategy for working through the exam quickly and efficiently. You can even get in touch with a GAMSAT entrance test center that will efficiently provide you with all the required knowledge about your exam.
This was all about the 7 best success tips with which you can succeed in your GAMSAT entrance exam.