Foremostly, let me give you a little introduction about Apple and Android, and further, we will discuss the difference and similarities between both applications.
This is an operating system developed for Apple mobile devices and it is used in numerous devices of mobile like iPad, iPhone, and iPod, etc. This system of operating is used in many terms and only falls behind Android in terms of admiration and acceptance. The app source code of IOS architecture is layered and it includes a middle layer between the hardware and applications so that they cannot communicate directly. In the IOS operating system, the lower layer gives the main services and the higher layers give app templates and beautiful graphics.
For mobile systems, the android is also an operating system built up by google and it is chiefly created for touch screen devices like smartphones and tablets and it behaves as a base on the Linux Kernel. The main structure of the android operating system is divided into 4 basic layers and in five portions.
Differences between Android and IOS applications:
Both systems have their own positions and values in the marketplace but when there is competition between two systems, then there will be differences arises in making each other down by providing the latest features to the users every day. Some of the major differences are compiled below:
- The software of android is available for a variety of manufacturers likewise LG or Samsung and this access may lead to cause some problems of quality in the cheaper phones. On the other side, IOS software is closely controlled by Apple, so no quality problems arise and another reason is that they have very few models of phones regarded as iPhones.
- The Apple operating system is basically a close system as compared to android which has an open system. In android, the users can easily customize their phones by adding app templates and many other features while in IOS the users have hardly system permissions including app source code.
- To create an app, the applications are gained from google play however applications of IOS are obtained from apple’s own play store.
- In a comparison with google android, the apple IOS is better in order to integrate with other devices.
- As we know voice assistants are available in both Apple and Android systems but the google assistant is much powerful than Apple’s assistant Siri.
Similarities between Android and IOS:
Both systems have some similarities which are given below:
- The android and IOS user interference systems are quite similar as both of them contain tapping, zoom and pinch and swiping on screens of phones.
- The cellular 4G network can be attainable on both android and apple phones as web surfing is very important now a day.
- The main functions of the phones such as calling, maps, voice instructions, video chats, web browsing and messaging, etc are the same on both systems.
- The status bars have similar information like time, battery life, Wi-Fi, and app notifications which are also similar in the apple and android phones.