Typically developed for the manufacturing and distribution industry, a distribution software helps manufacturers in handling and managing everything from order processing to accounting to supply chain management, accounting, inventory control, to customer support and CRM – Customer Relationship Management, including billing and finance.
It can be said that distribution software serves as an all-in-one solution for easier integration and updates information about manufacturing, distribution, sales, and profits. The best part of the software is that it can be easily integrated into any working system and can be accessed from across all the departments involved in the business processes, ensuring that all processes are in sync with the terms of schedule and other critical deadlines and thereby aiding to the success metrics.
Explaining Distribution Software
Distribution software can be categorized as a part of ERP – Enterprise Resource Planning. The main purpose of distribution software is to plan and execute resources across every separate branch of a business organization. The software serves as a mini platform to integrate various solutions that are designed to perform together so that it facilitates an easy flow of information amongst interdependent functions of a business and within the confines of the organization. It helps managing the links to all outside resources and as well the stakeholders.
With more and more technological developments, you can find newer distribution software that can even incorporate things like cloud technology and social networking, and more often when it concerns human resources and marketing.
The advantages of a distribution software for your business
There are numerous stages of the distribution process, and the major challenge that you may face in your business is keeping all of them working in tandem efficiently. For this to happen, you must keep good track of these processes, thereby, reducing and omitting any chances of faults, and reducing unnecessary expenses.
This can be efficiently done with the help of a distribution software in place, you will be addedly benefiting with:
- Proper visibility: With the distribution software, you get a comprehensive view of each process and implement remedies wherever needed. Keep track of each part of the supply chain through each setup process, spot and identify quality issues, and track and rectify them.
- Efficiency: Arrange orders and deliver them in time. The efficiency of a company is more proactively perceived by customers and makes them the most sought after. By reducing the time and hassles between orders and delivery, you make your customers happy and wanting more.
- Manage inventory: Automotive inventory management is a boon for manufacturing and distribution businesses. There is no need to be worried about depleting stocks or overstocking now. You can now supply all your products all the time as per demands.
- Reduce costs: The use of distribution software can reduce the need to hiring professionals at every step of the distribution process. It not only permits complete supply chain visibility but also provides you with accurate predictions and planning, thereby, improving the efficiency of your business.
- Manage your time better: Last, but not least, distribution software saves a lot of valuable time that you can devote elsewhere in improving the standards of your business and pay attention to the other critical aspects of your business.