Among the different musical instruments that we have, an electric stringed instrument has always been one of the most popular ones. The major reason why electric stringed instruments are dominant among the rest is that the sound and the pitch that they reproduce are not usually limited by the size of their body. The range of the pitch can be easily extended in many several ways since there is an amplifier that converts the signal back into the sound waves. This is why many string players are always attracted to try electric instruments but they tend to be confused about which one to play. Many musicians are torn between choosing the best electric cello or choosing the best electric violin. This discussion will help you figure out which one suits your preferences.
Electric Cello or Electric Violin?
Deciding which electric string instrument is best suited for your needs can sometimes be a little difficult to make. Here are the pros and cons of electric cello versus electric violin to help you decide:
Advantages of playing electric cello:
- It is a whole new instrument to explore with cool accessories
- You can explore a wide variety of music genres that’s not limited to classical music
- It won’t bore you and it’s fun to play with.
Disadvantages of playing electric cello:
- It is hard to find in local music stores
- Indeed, not ideal for beginners because of technicalities and complexities
- It can be costly.
Advantages of playing electric violin:
- It has great sound playability
- It is an eye-catching instrument that you can boast in public
- It comes at affordable prices.
- It includes cool accessories like that of an amplifier
- It is ideal if you want to play contemporary music such as rock or jazz
Disadvantages of playing electric violin:
- It is too complex for beginners to jump in due to its features
- It is time-consuming to set up because you always need to prep the amplifier
- The amplifier can be heavy.
Before choosing which instrument you would rather learn to play, always anticipate the problems that may occur. Consider your preferences and musical ability all the time to help you decide which one is best suited for your needs. There are many ways for you to gather information and you can even consider the aforementioned details before deciding. Do not let yourself suffer just because you have chosen the wrong musical instrument for you.
To further conclude this discussion, remember that there are no superior and inferior musical instruments. Electric violins can never be superior to electric cellos and the same is true with vice versa. The only deciding factor that will give its verdict is your own preferences and musical ability. You have to know which among them will help you perform conveniently and comfortably. Musical instruments must bring out the best in you. Choose what you feel is better for you and your musical ability.