If you enjoy a nice cup of tea and partake in marijuana, then cannabis tea is a perfect combination of both pleasures. Maybe you steep a hot cup of tea to start the morning and smoke a joint to relax in the evenings. However, now you can combine the two indulgences and have an even more awakening or relaxing experience, depending on your desired effect.
Spruce up your favorite blend of tea with your favorite strain of weed. You can even go beyond just a simple herbal tea and recreate your favorite latte. However, creating cannabis tea is not as simple as sprinkling a little marijuana in your cup. There is a proper way to introduce cannabis to this timeless beverage.
The Effects of Cannabis Tea
Before making cannabis tea, there are a few things to keep in mind. You cannot merely add marijuana to a brewed cup of tea. And remember, you don’t make marijuana tea with high THC seeds. You would need high-quality buds to prepare a nice cup of weed tea.
The cannabis must go through decarboxylation, converting THCA into THC to get the most beneficial effects. When you smoke marijuana, the heat transforms THCA into THC, and you automatically feel the psychoactive effects. However, tea follows a similar process of an edible, since you ingest the cannabis. Like edibles, the results are delayed and can take about 30 minutes to up to two hours to kick in.
Like edibles, the feelings can last longer, sometimes up to 8 hours, and be more potent. Once you make the proper cup of cannabis tea, you can enjoy both the THC’s psychoactive properties and CBD’s healing qualities. It is a great alternative way to alleviate pain and manage stress daily. You can get your hands on high-quality CBDfx capsules and enjoy their benefits.
Simple Recipes to Make Cannabis Tea
1. Cannabutter Tea
Give yourself a boost at teatime with cannabis-infused refreshment.
- 1 tsp Cannabutter
- 1 Tea Bag or 1 Tsp Loose Leaf tea
- Honey, sugar, milk (optional)
- Add cannabutter (cannabis-infused butter) to the cup and then add loose leaf tea (with infuser) or teabag.
- Boil water in a kettle or a pot.
- Pour boiling water into the cup and stir until cannabutter completely dissolves.
- Add in any optional flavors or sweeteners. Let steep for about 3 minutes.
- Remove tea and taste. Add in more ingredients to reach the desired flavor.
2. Ground Cannabis Tea
Start your morning with this marijuana inspired classic.
- 1 gram ground cannabis
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. Loose Leaf Tea or 1 Tea Bag
- 4 cups of water
- Fine Strainer of Cheesecloth
- Boil four cups of water, and once the water is boiling, add the butter and make sure it completely dissolves.
- Then add a gram of ground cannabis to the boiling water. Turn down the heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a cheesecloth or fine strainer, secure it tightly over your cup with a rubber band. Now carefully pour the boiling mixture into your cup.
- Add Loose leaf tea in an infuser or tea bag to the cup and add sweeteners such as sugar, honey, milk, or cinnamon.
- Allow the tea to steep for 3 minutes and add flavors until you get the desired taste.
3. Cannabis Chai Latte
Reconnect to cannabis roots with a cup of sweet and spicy chai.
- ½ gram ground cannabis
- ½ gram butter
- 1 cup whole milk (or alternative milk)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tea bag Chai
- Mix ground cannabis, butter, milk, and vanilla extract in a blender.
- Blend until mixture is a smooth liquid. Let it sit for an hour.
- Bring a half cup of water to boil in a pot and carefully add in the mixture. Monitor and add more water to keep the mixture from burning or evaporating. Stir consistently for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add chai tea bag. Let steep for 3 to 5 minutes. The longer you steep, the stronger the chai flavor.
- Take out the chai tea bag and strain the mixture into a bowl, using cheesecloth or coffee filter to remove any large chunks.
- Transfer the chai latte to a cup and add additional sweeteners as desired.
4. Orange and Ginger CBD Oil Tea
Unwind and relax after a long day with this soothing brew.
- 8-16 mg CBD oil unflavored
- 1 1/4 cups boiled water
- 1 orange
- 1/2 ounce fresh ginger peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Slice the orange into evenly large rounds and squeeze about 1 Tbsp. of orange juice into a cup.
- Peel the orange rounds and put the rest of the orange into your cup.
- Peel and thinly slice about 2 inches of ginger and add to cup as well.
- Add honey, but you can add less or more to achieve the desired sweetness. Now add CBD oil.
- Bring water to boil and then pour boiling water into a cup.
- Let the tea brew for 5 minutes and stir well before enjoying it.
Some people prefer cannabis instead of traditional edibles to avoid the extra sugar and fatty ingredients added to cannabis-infused baked goods. Overall, tea is a healthier alternative than smoking that leads to building up of tar in the lungs after repetitive use. In comparison, others may just want to combine two of their favorite pastimes into one pleasurable experience.
Remember to enjoy cannabis tea in a relaxing and safe environment, especially if you will be trying it for the first time. Start small and slow, for you can always increase your dosage next time to achieve your desired effect. The cannabis tea experience provides a mellow, yet euphoric high that will leave you renewed and refreshed.