Economics is one of the main subjects of the Commerce and it is a scoring subject. Economics is the science that deals with production, distribution, and qualitative as well as quantitative aspects.
To ace the economics exam, you need to study both the qualitative as well as quantitive as both have the same importance. So this was what you need to know about Economics and you should also know the most important topics in Economics which is essential from your exam point of view. Join best online commerce classes by CommercEdge.
How to prepare class 12 Economics: Most important topics-
- Producer behavior and supply
- Government Budget and the Economy
- Balance of payments
- Money and banking
- Consumer Equilibrium and Demand
These are the most important topics that must be prepared well to score good marks in the exam.
Best preparation tips-
- Start making notes of each topic. Economics is a very broad subject and you need to remember even subtle things. If you prepare notes for each topic, it will be much easier for you to revise them before your exam. If you attend the lectures and make the notes along then it is great but if you study to yourself from different sources, then you must make notes of the topics. Also, notes are very handy and easy to understand. Download Class 11 Economics Syllabus PDF.
- If you attend the lecture and you are aware of the topic that will be taught, then make sure you take a skim of the topic/chapter before attending the class. It will help you a lot more than you think in remembering the things and you will not have to revise them all the time.
- Take supplements and help from other sources. You have the internet which has thousands of notes and classes that you can attend in case you do not get any particular topic. Sometimes, you do not understand a topic easily but if you watch it or read it from any other source such as the internet, then you capture things even more properly. If you don’t like to study on the internet, you can go for the supplement books as they are also very good and have things well explained.
- Solve lots of questions and figure out the different ways to solve any specific question. You have only 3 hours in the exam and you need to attempt as many questions as you can in that period of time. Once you find the easiest way to solve any question, start solving more and more questions the same way. It will make you skilled in getting those questions solved in a less period of time.
- Figures are also asked in the exam and this is something that you can not escape. Most of the figure questions consist of 5-10 marks and it is important to draw the figures multiple times. You can also click or save an image of the figure on your phone and see that whenever you are free. It is a great trick to remember the tough figures.
- Start making questions to yourself. If you know a definition, start making important questions on that and solve them in your mind. Sometimes, the same question arrives in the exam that you have to think of.
- Last but not least, start doing the case studies. Cae study is very important and nowadays, they are asked in the exams. No matter what board do you belong to, you must do at least 10 case studies before your examination. Case studies help you a lot in understanding things and topics practically. You can get the case studies on the internet. There is a lot of case studies in there.
Recommended books and supplements-
- If you are from the CBSE board, you need to have-
- ERT textbook for microeconomics as well as macroeconomics
- Jain and Ohri for Microeconomics and macroeconomics
- S Chand’s microeconomics and macroeconomics (most explained
- CBSE sample question papers, mock test papers, and unsolved sample question papers for the regular practice of the exam level questions.
You do not need to buy anything else except the materials given above.
So this was all about how to prepare class 12 Economics in which you got to know about the most important topics and best tips to prepare the Economics subject. It doesn’t matter which board you belong to, the above-mentioned topics are important for all of them and so are the tips. Make sure you give priorities to the most important topics so that your maximum marks are fixed.