YouTube is the home to millions of creative videos covering a wide range of topics. Whether it’s DIY videos, vlogs, or even motivational speeches, YouTube has them all. However, you should not forget that the majority of channels with 100k+ or millions of followers have one thing in common – well-edited videos.
Statistics point towards the fact that YouTube caters to 500 hours of video content every minute! Moreover, according to a study conducted in 2018, youtube videos get more than 1 billion views every day. This shows that the audience is hungry for content, and the creators are uploading it on the platform at a jaw-dropping rate.
What Does it Take to Edit a YouTube Video through Conventional Software?
To gain views and subscribers on YouTube, you must edit your video in a creative and engaging manner. However, it is a very tedious process if you edit videos in a conventional way. Even though it might get your work done, you must look at some downsides mentioned below.
- These software demand heavy computational power, which increases the hardware cost.
- Furthermore, you need some experience and software specific expertise to edit the video.
- It is a time-consuming task. Even if your video’s running time is a few minutes, you need to dedicate hours to edit it.
- Last but not the least, if you’re not an editing expert, then you might need to hire a professional, which might not be feasible for most creators from a monetary perspective.
Here is where YouTube video creator comes in. It is a very innovative and efficient alternative to traditional video editing methods. Let us now look at how you can edit your videos with the help of this video editing tool.
How Can You Edit Youtube Videos With a Video Editor?
Follow these easy steps to convert mundane videos to a crisp, attractive, and aesthetic clip that might help you gain views.
- First of all, you must find an efficient video editing tool. According to experts and user reviews, InVideo is the best online video editor when it comes to quick and professional editing.
- Irrespective of the editing tool you want to use, you must be aware of some specific jargon. You can learn it on the internet to avoid last-minute confusion while you’re editing the video.
- Some video editors come with ready-made templates that will minimize the time and effort. Moreover, you can design a template from scratch. It should be kept in mind that most of the ready-made templates serve the purpose of almost every type of video.
- After choosing the template, you can merge background audio. Even though your video might have default sound (while shooting it), it is recommended to use subtle background music and frequent short sound-effects. Most of the video editing tools such as InVideo come with this feature. It comes in very handy when you want to synchronize audio with your video.
- Now that you have added desired sound effects, you can also trim certain parts of the video to suit the perfect length of the video. According to statistics, a video’s length should not be more than 18 minutes. Most of the viewers move on to another clip around the 18-minute mark. Therefore, in case your video is exceedingly long, then you must trim it with video editors.
- Furthermore, you can explore other features such as the addition of texts, applying visual filters, readjusting the video resolution, etc. Although these are secondary effects, they play a huge role in deciding the overall theme of the video. For example, in cinematography, a slightly reddish hue signifies past tense or stubbornness, and a blue tint on the video frames indicates a future of uncertainty.
- Last but not the least, you should not forget to save the video. The best part of a lightweight online video editor is that it consumes much less time to save the changes made on the YouTube video. Moreover, you also have an option to share it directly on social media platforms.
Also check: Watch YouTube Video Not Available (Fix)
Whereas, in the case of traditional software, if you’re using a system with normal hardware specifications, then it might even take an hour to save the changes and render the video. In some cases, systems with uncertain hardware might crash. In addition, You might also lose the changes.
Tips for an Awesome YouTube Video
Knowing how to edit a video alone won’t guarantee you a creative video. You should know certain tips that will increase the chances of your video being liked by the viewers. Let us dive into these tips.
- Use the power of texts. Whether you want to add subtitles or emphasize important words, you should experiment with fonts, text size, and alignment. Adding some text in your video will only clarify what you want to convey.
- In addition to this, you should also try to include animations. In order to spark an element of surprise and maintain viewer’s retention, you can animate texts, external images, or even use advanced editing techniques to play with existing objects in the frame.
- Furthermore, you should harness ready-made features. For instance, InVideo has many inbuilt components that you can embed in your YouTube video, which are easy to use and save a lot of time. Drag-and-drop is one of the most popular features that come handy while editing a YouTube video.
- Although this isn’t directly related to video editing, you should try to build a storyline in your video. You can do the same by including narration in your video. In some cases, you can also use text to mention certain time periods to establish the storyline.
Edit Your Videos To Maximize Your Viewer Count
YouTube is undoubtedly the most widely used video platform in the world. That is why it has around 2 billion monthly users and millions of content creators. However, if you’re a content creator on YouTube, you need to edit your videos well to maximize its viewer count and increase your subscriber rate. That’s why you should definitely consider using easy video editing tools such as InVideo to boost your channel.