The past year has reinforced the importance of the internet in individual’s lives. With schools and offices migrating online to keep their operations uninterrupted, students and office-goers became reliant on their laptops and other mobile devices to complete their daily tasks. Consequently, the demand for laptops, especially among students, increased exponentially.
Now, the two prime features which every student must ensure to include in their laptops are superior CPU performance and battery life longevity. Nonetheless, students often find themselves in a state of confusion as to which laptop to purchase, given the wide range of options available with these features.
Numerous brands offer a range of laptops which are custom made for students. But two of the most reputed brands for student laptops are HP and Dell. Even these two brands have numerous models which can confuse students. Therefore, to help out all the laptop seeking students, below given is a detailed approach.
Two most popular i5 laptops for students from the trusted & recognised brand HP and Dell have been discussed below:
Pros and Cons of HP i5 Laptop
- The i5 processor enables the laptop to go on with a high-speed rate of performance so that the laptop performs at 3.6 GHz, which is the maximum CPU rate.
- Turbo boost technology of the i5 processor helps in boosting up the laptop’s working speed.
- They work reliably because of the 64-bit architecture of the i5 processor.
- These laptops are much smarter in performance, and they come with an ultra-sleek design and long battery life.
- A HP i5 laptopguarantees security to the students as there is an option for a number of security features on the i5 processor.
- Often demands newer motherboards.
- Students need to be careful about the electrical connections as an i5 processor is sensitive to high voltages.
- Does not allow viewing high definition image and video graphics as the i5 processor does not support high data visualisation technology.
- These laptops are not good when it comes to multitasking.
- One might struggle to carry out demanding work on these laptops as an i5 processor isn’t engineered for that.
Pros and Cons of Dell XPS 13
- Infinity display provides students with an almost edge-to-edge screen. The students feel less distracted with such an experience.
- The Dell XPS 13laptop comes with a thin, compact design which makes it handy and portable for the students.
- This laptop’s keyboard and touchpad provide a satisfactory experience to the students with the touch sensitivity and key spacing.
- The maximum brightness level is too low.
- Touchpad clicks with a snappy, loud sound rather than a firm touch.
- The front camera of this laptop is placed at an unconventional angle.
The price of an HP i5 laptop generally starts at around Rs.34,000, while the price starts at around Rs.84,000 for Dell XPS 13. Interested students can take help of the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card which allows such high-end purchases at No Cost EMI.
Students can also buy these laptops from the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store which allows purchases without documentation.
Though these financing options have made it easier to buy a laptop, selecting the most suitable one would require one to go through this guide in order to understand differences between an HP i5 laptop and a Dell XPS 13.