Taapsee Pannu’s highly anticipated film, Rashmi Rocket, is a hot topic in town. Ever since the makers of the movie released the trailer online, all are in awe of Taapsee’s transformation as she steps into the shoes of an athlete. Shattering notions on femininity, the ZEE5 Original film is all set to be released this Dussehra. To get you more insights on director Akarsh Khurana’s Rashmi Rocket. Here are some interesting facts about the movie.
- Taapsee plays the lead role of an athlete, Rashmi, who aspires to represent India at the world championship. Priyanshu Painyuli plays the role of an army officer and a supportive husband to Taapsee’s character Rashmi. The film also stars actors like Supriya Pathak and Abhishek Banerjee in pivotal roles.
- When Taapsee was first approached for the film, she was unaware of the gender test issue. A source stated that Taapsee had no idea about gender testing on athletes, she had to google it after hearing the plot from Nanda Periyasamy. Taapsee said “I met Nanda, who had the story with him for this film. He had made a very beautiful AV of the story for my reference. When I saw it, I was honestly shocked because I like watching sports and follow it a lot too, but still, I had no idea about the gender testing issue that the film highlights. I had to Google it. I was completely shocked after I got to know the details about this particular issue,”
- Rashmi Rocket is written by Nanda Periyasamy, Aniruddha Guha and Kanika Dhillon. The narrative focuses on the important issue of outdated gender test practices imposed on female athletes.
- Nutritionist Munmun Ganeriwal was in charge of the actress’ diet for her role as an athlete. Pannu had to take up a strict “shredding diet” that comprises a five-meal plan with a balanced proportion of nutrients. She kick-starts her day with the right amount of proteins and healthy carbs, and her lunch and dinner mostly comprise of homemade foods.
- Even though it was speculated that the film is based on the life of Dutee Chand, that’s not the case, as the narrative is not about any individual in particular and is inspired by the story of several women athletes and their struggles.
- In the movie, Pannu plays the role of Rashmi, a village girl from Kutch, Gujarat. The girl is a gifted fast runner, so she gets nicknamed ‘Rocket’. Taapsee also has tribal tattoos adorned on her body for the role.
- Before she started shooting for the Rashmi Rocket film, Taapsee was vacationing with her sisters, Shagun and Evania Pannu in the Maldives. Taapsee kept posing in picturesque locations and posted pictures of the same on her social media.
- The shooting for the film began on November 3, 2020, and the last schedule ended at one of the most beautiful places ‘RannOfKachch’. The movie trailer was released on September 23, 2021, and will premiere on ZEE5 on October 15. Only ZEE5 premium users can stream Rashmi Rocket full movie on the OTT.
- Since the launch of the trailer, Taapsee received a lot of praises from other famous stars as well as from her fans for her transformation and hard work for her upcoming film.
To get into the skin of the character, Taapsee had to train intensively and undergo a major physical transformation for her role. She had to achieve the strength and sculpted body to play the part of an athlete.