The Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification or CISSP is a high-level certification in the world of IT. And when any technical certification is denoted as high level, then you must understand that, to gain such certification, you’ll need experience in the required domain.
The CISSP certification is made for those professionals who have much experience in the fields of cybersecurity. You can’t make the decision to gain this certification haphazardly. You’ll have to do a lot of hard work to gain this certification.
The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, which is well known as (ISC)² is the creator of CISSP certification. In the year 1991, the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium decided to create and craft a certification that can be achieved by a professional to prove their best skills and knowledge to handle Security if Information Systems across different organizations. This certification gained a global reputation since it’s release. And the (ISC)² has continuously created the best certifications for IT professionals of global standards.
The CISSP is designed according to the global standards of (ISC)². And there is no such individual who can deny the potential of this certification.
When it comes to the CISSP exam, then most of the CISSPs have admitted that the CISSP certification exam is very difficult. But above all, they have also admitted that once this certification is earned, then there is no going back. Now, as we have begun the discussion about the CISSP exam, let’s just jump into to eligibility criteria for the CISSP Exam.
Eligibility Criteria for CISSP certification Exam
- When it comes to eligibility criteria to apply for the CISSP certification exam, you must have 5years of experience in any two or more domains out of 8 domains that fall under the CISSP guidelines.
The following domains are:
- Asset Security Management
- Security Engineering and Architecture
- Risk and Security Management
- Communication and Network related Security
- Operations related to Security
- Security Assessment and Security Testing
- Access Management and Identity Management
- Software Development for Security
Now, these are the eight domains that are mandated by the (ISC)² foundation. So in order to apply for the CISSP Certification, you must have experience in any two or more domains out of these eight domains.
For the professionals who have worked for full-time, they must have worked a minimum of 35 hours/week
And for part-time professionals, it is mandatory for them to work 20 hours per week.
There are certain options when it comes to the criteria of qualifications.
The qualification criteria are:
- A candidate must have four years of a degree in Information Security. A degree from the esteemed from the U.S. National Centre of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance is highly appreciated. If not, then the candidate must have a four-year degree in Information Security from an equivalent institution.
- For candidates with a four years degree, there is a relaxation of 1 year of experience out five years.
- If the candidates do not have the above-mentioned credentials, then they may gain another associate level (ISC)² certification, which will wavier the one year experience criteria. And then, the candidates can apply for CISSP certification.
Strategies to prepare for the Exam
- Do some research
Before jumping into the preparations, you must go and check out about the CISSP exams held earlier. Try to search for the most important topics and try to search for the best and suitable materials. To do so, you can get in touch with the people who have cleared the Exam. You may find such professionals on social media platforms like Quora and LinkedIn. You can ask them about preparation strategies for cracking the CISSP exam.
- PinPoint the main topics
After completion of the research, you must pinpoint the major topics. Then you should start your preparations.
- Solve Sample Booklets
Whatever the Exam may be, the most beneficial practice is to solve sample booklets for the exams. This will help you to understand the pattern of questions while it will also boost your confidence to attempt questions.
- Plan Your Strategies
Always plan strategies according to the Exam. Whatever your strategy may be, just plan for the exam day.
- Stay Healthy
And never neglect your health. It is most important for you to maintain your mental health and physical health.
here is the soution of [pii_email_e7ab94772079efbbcb25] error code.
The most important thing is to keep yourself composed while preparing and strategizing your plans. With a sprinkle of determination and self-motivation, you will indeed achieve this certification for sure.