Often regarded as the most sinful city in the United States, Las Vegas has been broken up into a number of small neighborhoods and several planned communities. Every community adds its own value to the city, making it a place with diverse experiences. Las Vegas has a number of opportunities for entrepreneurs in every field and for specifically large industries such as tourism and gambling. If you are looking at any such opportunity, it is time to start searching real estate in the Sin City.
Reasons to say yes to Vegas
A huge number of people travel to Las Vegas as tourists, although the trip is one way for a certain few. The population of the city has constantly grown since it was founded in 1905. People want to make the Sin City their home due to the following reasons:
- Low cost of living– Although Las Vegas has gorgeous hotels, bars, and casinos, the truth is that its cost of living is a little below the national average, making it an attractive destination to settle down. Jobs in Vegas also pay much better than US towns with similar living standards. Settling here for a good number of years would help you afford one of the luxury condos Las Vegas for sale, which is certainly an impossible feat in a city like New York.
- World class dining options- A large number of world famous chefs work at the restaurants in Vegas, which are popular for serving excellent quality of cuisines. Local residents would be able to bargain their way into these restaurants, which is certainly not a valid option for a tourist. While in town, locals have a lot of time to try specialty ethnic restaurants which serve cuisines ranging from Sicilian, Peruvian, and Bulgarian to Greek, Indian, Japanese, Mexican, and many others.
- Excellent transport infrastructure- While there may be a lot of congestion on the roads at times, the road system is pretty efficient and the number of freeways and internal roads are constantly increasing. The city’s bus system is also convenient, with the operation of almost 50 different routes. Buses and trolleys remain in operation 24/7, and there’s a bus going to the Strip every 15 minutes. Due to the large number of drivers in Vegas, night workers in casinos and clubs invariably get rides back home. Points of interest in the city are linked by the Monorail.
- Beautiful location- Las Vegas offers an excellent contrast between rocky desert plateaus and a well-illuminated big city. This contrast is ideal for a person who loves to live amidst contrasting landscapes. For example, the red canyons are a short drive away from the main city, as are lush forests and lakes. Mount Retreat is also a great place to enjoy skiing in the winters.
- Availability of jobs and savings- Although most people in the US lost jobs during the recession of 2008. Las Vegas was a city bustling with jobs then. The real estate market constantly asks for jobs due to constant growth in population. Jobs in the health, retail, and education sectors have also shown remarkable growth, as have those in the transportation sector. And since the cost of living is not as high as other American cities, residents are able to save more money.
- Low taxation rates- This city is significant as residents do not have to pay income taxes. Overall, the tax rate in this city is the lowest among all US states. The state of Nevada also does not levy any inventory, corporate, gift, estate, franchise, or inheritance taxes. There is a sales tax, but medicines and groceries are exempted from it.
- Variety of weather- As opposed to most other Western cities, there are three distinct seasons in Las Vegas. Summer can be pretty hot, but the sun comes out for a large part of the year, which means you can easily go outside and enjoy the outdoors. While spring is mildly warm and the skies are without clouds, fall comes with warm days and cool nights. You can expect mild snowfall in winter, showcasing the diverse weather in this American city.
- Haven for arts and cultural events- Most big shows in Vegas offer discounts to the local residents, which means world class performances can be enjoyed at highly affordable rates. Arts events are limited to shows on the Strip only, as the city has a bustling fine arts scene as well. The first Friday of every month looks to focus on local musicians and artists in the downtown Arts District, and you will find most of these events to be free.
Apart from the above, there is also a popular saying, “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”. In other words, Las Vegas philosophically gives people the chance to make amends to mistakes in their lives, being the city of dreams.