Are you thinking about buying a pair of cowboy boots?
Cowboy boots can take your outfit to the next level. But, before you buy a pair, you need to know how to wear them.
Check out this guide to learn how to wear cowboy boots.
1. Understand the Different Styles
Before you attempt to rock a pair of cowboy boots, it’s important to understand the different styles. Here are the most popular cowboy boot styles:
- Classic Boot: This boot has a Cuban-style heel and a shaft that’s about 12 inches high. Back in the old days, this design was meant to fit right into a stirrup
- Buckaroos: These are the flashiest of all cowboy boots. They’re usually about 14 inches tall and they have a decorative shaft and detailed tooling
- Roper: These come with a lower shaft, as they’re designed for rodeos. The toe is rounded, and the heel resembles a typical work boot
- Western Work Boot: These are similar to Ropers, but they come with a larger toe. Many also have rubber soles for better traction
- Stockman: This type of cowboy boot has a classic look with a shorter and wider heel
As you can see, there are many boot styles to choose from. Which style you select comes down to personal preference as well as what you plan to wear your boots for. Luckily, most cowboy boots are suitable for both work and play.
2. Choose the Right Size
If you select the right size, cowboy boots can be the most comfortable shoes you ever wear. But, if you choose the wrong size, you’ll end up with blisters and a funny walk.
When selecting a boot size, go by your regular shoe size. You’ll also, however, need to select a width size. For women’s boots, you can choose from an A, B, and C width, with A being the smallest.
Men’s boots are typically sized in B, D, and EE widths. You can have the shoe salesmen measure your foot to figure out which boot width you need.
3. Match Your Boots With the Right Pants
Western trends are very in right now, and you’ll see people rocking cowboy boots with all kinds of outfits. If you’re looking to keep things simple, we recommend pairing your cowboy boots with a nice pair of jeans.
The best jeans to pair with cowboy boots are typically dark boot-cuts. With boot-cuts, the front of the boot is still visible, and there will be no question that you’re rocking some Western flair. Never tuck your jeans into your boot, as this looks tacky.
If you want your outfit to look a little classier, you can also pair your cowboy boots with dark twill pants, chinos, or a casual suit.
How to Wear Cowboy Boots: Are You Ready to Rock Some New Boots?
Now that you know how to wear cowboy boots, it’s time to put these tips into action. With these tips, you’ll have no problem pulling off cowboy boots.
Be sure to check back in with our blog for more fashion-related tips and tricks.