It is undeniably true that Python has become one of the most preferred web development languages among developers worldwide. Some of the reasons behind this are the language comes up with a huge amount of built-in libraries, offers ease of development, requires less coding, and is easy to understand. Besides this, one of the biggest reasons why it is being preferred for the web as well as mobile app development is various frameworks available in Python.
Here, in this article, we will talk about the frameworks that are most common these days. But, before we proceed to the same, let’s learn what frameworks are. A framework is a repository of packages or modules that assists in writing code for a web application.
What are the types of Python frameworks?
There are three types of Python frameworks:
- Full-stack- This type of framework includes everything ranging from generators, template layouts to form validations required to ease up the development process.
- Micro- Micro frameworks usually come up with limited functionalities and features. It includes form validation, some tools, and the database abstraction layer, which in turn makes the developer to add more code.
- Asynchronous- It is mainly a micro framework that permits handling a vast range of concurrent connections.
List of five best Python frameworks in 2020
Let’s read them in detail:
It is a free and open-source Python framework that falls in the full-stack framework category, which means it includes a plethora of features and functionalities required for the development. To map objects to the database tables the framework uses Object-Relational Models (ORM) mappers.
Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQLite are some of the databases Django works on. To use the framework for other databases, one has to use third-party drivers.
Features of Django
- URL routing
- Template engine
- Outstanding documentation
- Database scheme migrations
The USP of this microframework is that the applications creating using it can run smoothly on Windows, Linux, macOS, and other operating systems. This open-source and object-oriented framework includes a multi-threaded web server, and module and arrangement frameworks. CherryPy also includes many tools for authentication, encoding, caching, sessions, and static content that help in developing web applications in less time.
Features of CherryPy
- An adaptable plugin system
- Compatible with on 2.7+, 3.5+, Jython, Android and PyPy
- Built-in support for coverage, profiling, and testing
- Excellent configuration system
It is yet another open-source and free framework that facilitates rapid web application development. Using Web2Py, a developer can rearrange the entire development process via a web server, an online interface, and an SQL database.
Features of Web2py
- Compatible with almost all the hosting platforms
- Backward compatibility
- Follows MVC architecture
Flask is a lightweight microframework that allows developers to use any extension to build solid web applications. It comes up with a built-in debugger that ensures the flawlessness of the application. Moreover, the framework can handle all HTTP requests effectively and need the Jinja2 template and Werkzeug WSGI toolkit for the development.
Features of Flask
- Support for unit testing
- WSGI 1.0 compliance
Bottle is also a lightweight microframework that is used to fabricate small web applications. Developed initially for building APIs, the framework creates a solitary source document to develop each application. Using this framework, developers can work closer to the equipment.
Features of Bottle
- Comes with an HTTP server
- Easy access to data files, uploads, cookies, and other metadata
- Offers plugin support for various databases
What does a Python framework do?
Here are some of the common functions of a framework during Python web application development:
- Web security
- URL routing
- Handling and validating input form
- Database connection
- Storing and retrieving sessions
Python frameworks make developing a web application a child’s play for developers. In fact, those with basic programming knowledge can use Python to develop interactive web applications. To know more about the best Python frameworks for web development, give this article a read. On the other hand, if you want to develop a web application in Python, then hire Python developers or find a trustworthy Python development company.
Since many companies offer such services, it is advised to do thorough research before you select the one for your Python web app development. Choose wisely to get the worth of your money.