Read here to understand how to download and activate HGTV on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Samsung Smart TV at watch.hgtv.com/activate.
When you yourself have something for home improvement and gardening shows, then HGTV is your go-to television channel. They recently launched a website service that’s accessible via smartphones, tablets, Smart TVs, and other connected devices.
But before you access HGTV on your preferred device, you’ll first have to activate it. In this informative article, we shall show you how to activate HGTV across various devices.
Observe that you demand a TV provider to activate HGTV. It will be necessary to sign in to your account first before streaming. When you register, you will be able to watch HGTV Go without cable.
|About HGTV||American Pay-TV Channel|
|Owned By||Discovery, Inc|
|Founded||December 01, 1994|
|Official App||HGTV GO|
|HGTV GO activation Page||https://watch.hgtv.com/activate|
|Compatible Connected Devices||Roku , Apple TV , Fire TV , Samsung Smart TV|
|TV Providers||DirecTV, Time Warner cable charter spectrum, AT&T Uverse, Dish, Cox|
|Broadcast Area||HGTV can be watched in the U.S. only.|
Is the HGTV app free?
How to activate HGTV
To activate HGTV on your preferred streaming device, follow the steps below.
To activate HGTV on Roku :
- Press the Home button on your own Roku remote.
- Scroll up or down and select Streaming Channels.
- Open the Channel Store.
- Type in HGTV and choose the channel.
- Press OK.
- Select Add Channel to install the app.
- Following the installation, launch the app.
- You might find an activation code.
- Go to watch.hgtv.com/activate on your desktop or mobile browser.
- Enter the activation code.
Ensure to follow along with the instructions on your own device to have the activation code. You need to connect your personal computer and Roku to the net to have the code and activate the device.
Amazon Fire TV
If you possess a Fire TV , here is how to activate HGTV :
- Press the Home button to go to the Home Screen.
- Find the Search bar or magnifier icon.
- Enter the term HGTV.
- Download and install the app.
After installing the app:
- Launch the app on your own device.
- In the event that you see an activation code , go to watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Enter the code and click Activate.
You must select your TV provider and sign in to your account to perform the activation.
Activate HGTV on Apple TV through these steps:
- Open the App Store app on your own Apple TV.
- Search HGTV.
- Find the app.
- Select Get.
- Sign in along with your Apple ID to download when you yourself have not logged in.
- After installing, open the app.
- Copy the activation code.
- Go to watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Enter the code.
It’s simple to complete the activation by after the on-screen prompts.
To cast HGTV shows with Chromecast from your own phone or tablet here’s what you must do:
- Download the HGTV app from a credit card applicatoin store.
- Plug your Chromecast into your connected TV.
- Pick the Chromecast device where you want to watch the content.
- Once done, click Cast.
Observe that you must activate the device before proceeding.
What devices stream HGTV?
HGTV is appropriate for iPhones, iPads, Android phones, Roku , Fire Stick , and tablets. Your device will need to have the newest os for a good viewing experience.
You can stream also HGTV on your own laptop or desktop through a web browser. The supported browsers are Chrome v43 and later, Firefox v38 and later, Safari v7+, and Internet Explorer v11+.
HGTV activation code is not working? What to do
If the activation code is no longer working, you are able to correct it the following:
- Uninstall the app from your own device and reinstall it. Once done, you will get a new activation code.
- Check to ensure you’ve entered the proper code combination.
- Check if the code has expired.
- Confirm whether your TV account has expired.
Alternatively, contact HGTV support for further assistance. Head to the Settings Menu on the app and choose Contact US/Send Feedback.
HGTV Go app is not working? How to fix
If the app is no longer working, consider the following:
- Clear the app cache and data.
- Check to ensure you are using the latest version of the app.
- Ensure you’ve a stable internet connection.
- Ensure you are streaming the service in the USA.
- Uninstall and install the app, and then try again.
- Power-cycle your device and try again.
The app may also go wrong because HGTV is experiencing a system-wide issue. You must wait before the service fixes it.
Is HGTV free on Amazon Prime?
You can watch most HGTV programs on Amazon Prime with a subscription. Quite simply, you require an Amazon Prime subscription to stream HGTV shows and episodes.
It’s worth noting that this really is one of the greatest alternatives for watching HGTV without cable.
Is HGTV Go free on Roku?
HGTV can be obtained as a totally free app on Roku. However, you demand a TV subscription to watch its live stream and TV shows.
You must sign in along with your TV provider before you enjoy shows such as Flea Market Flip, Flip or Flip, My Lottery Dream Home, and more.
Enjoy Fixer Upper & other shows
You can stream HGTV on Android, iOS, Roku , and other connected devices. But before you enjoy its programs, you require a request to a TV provider.
Alternatively, you are able to register for HGTV and watch some episodes for free. Also, you must activate the service on your own device to carry on streaming.