The Foundation of art and design is one of the top-most emerging industries all across the globe. This industry promises fame, glamour, and a high salary package to talented passionate individuals. There is no pre-determined place for young graduates in the art and design industry, you can be anything from a fashion photographer, upholsterer, sample machinist, pattern graders, logo designer, Photoshop artist, web designer, stylist, personal shopper, production manager, marketing manager and much more. Brands and designers are using more and more updated technologies, programs, and techniques to step up the game of design.
Read ahead to learn about the subjects taught in the foundation of art and design:
- Illustration: Illustrator is an attractive, creative as well as commercial subject expertise with a prospect of having your work admired by thousands of people. It takes perseverance, commitment, and artistic skills to get to a stage of being commissioned for the art of illustration.
- Colour Theory and Practice: Color gradients are used in a million unique ways to relegate the background of images. They add color filters, complex illustrations, and enhance the texture and depth by adding exciting graphics.
- 2-D, 3-D Art, and Design Studies: Compositions are designed using 3D work that has so much depth and detail. Designers create designs by merging different elements into futuristic landscapes of varied types, colors, and forms. Nowadays, three-dimensional work seems to be everywhere giving a ready to pop feeling. All the types of fonts like skinny, bold, sans-serif, script, and others are rendered in 3D.
- Portfolio preparation: This subject focuses primarily on the creation of the cover page, personal statement, digital files, and other elements required in the preparation of the portfolio.
- Digital Media: As the Internet has entwined with our lives, the importance of digital marketing has increased drastically. Digital marketing has opened up different ways to market, like a new form of media to peddle goods and services. It’s become an integral part of businesses irrespective of their size and specialty. This subject will let you embrace the power of targeting your potential key customer. When your product reaches its target audience, you have some kind of empowering control over the placement and size of your clientele. You can control the marketing outcome by dissecting the huge demographics and whittle them down into very minute targeted groups to get super-focused.
- Fashion Design: The art of creative details is intrinsically twinned by fashion designers to create a perfect piece of art. Fashion designers are equipped with an advanced understanding of analyzing the latest fashion trends to develop a counter product that would survive the dynamic fashion industry. They have to be aware of the latest fashion and market trends.
- Typography: Typography or the technique of arranging meaningful characters and letters has evolved over time. It has transformed the conservative form of art by incorporating creativity in typography. It is blended with patterns, geometrical shapes, text masking, and object-based designs. Designers are taking typography on the next level as it has completely transitioned from print to a digital platform. New technologies possessing responsive and variable fonts with great innovative software tools are developed to constantly update it.
The aforementioned subject areas will help you to understand the criticalities of this domain to nab the attention of the experts. Your skills and practical training will define your passion for art and design. It is recommended to opt for courses that are specifically designed to get a basic understanding of the subject’s expertise. The study of art and design foundation course in London could be considered a helpful option.