There are so many products, tips, and tricks to getting you the beautiful hair that you want.
But want to know a secret? One of the best things you can do for your hair care is to invest in a moisturizing hair mask.
Think of it as a face mask, but for your hair. All the same hydrating and restorative properties, but it just goes on your head rather than your face. At the essence of it all, a moisturizing hair mask is another form of conditioning treatment, but the ingredients and application process is different.
The best kind of moisturizing hair masks uses natural ingredients like jojoba oil, oat oil, mango butter, and silk proteins—meaning that you are giving your scalp and hair some of the most powerful and beneficial natural ingredients around!
There are so many benefits to using a hair mask. Here are our top ones for you to consider:
- You will get softer hair that is shiner
- You will restore moisture to the driest parts of your head of hair
- You will prevent your hair from becoming damaged and frizzy
- You will ensure your scalp remains healthy
- You will allow your hair to grow stronger
So now that you understand what a hair mask is and the benefits of using one, how do you actually apply it? Here are our top tips to using a moisturizing hair mask to ensure you get maximum results.
How to use a moisturizing hair mask:
There is a range of things to consider when using a hair mask and ensuring you get all the benefits of using one. These steps will help you get that healthy head of hair from a moisturizing hair mask.
- Make sure your hair is damp or dry to allow for maximum results. Soaking wet hair will make it challenging for your hair to absorb the mask. And many hair experts recommend using the hair mask before you actually wash your hair with shampoo, so consider doing one before you hop in the shower to do your normal shampoo and condition routine.
- Drape a towel over your shoulders so the hair mask doesn’t drip everywhere. While the hair mask should all get absorbed by your hair, it is better safe than sorry to have a towel to catch any bits that may not have gotten absorbed soon enough.
- Apply the mask in sections. You don’t have to slather the hair mask around all at once. Instead, divide your hair into several smaller sections so that you can be sure to apply the hair mask evenly throughout your head of hair.
- Don’t forget to apply the mask to your scalp as well, as they are able to restore moisture to any dry bits of skin and prevent or treat dandruff.
- Let the hair mask sit. Don’t feel in a rush to get the hair mask off after you apply it to your hair. So once you finish applying the hair mask, wrap your hair in a shower cap or towel and relax for 5-30 minutes. Read a book, meditate, call a friend. Do something that ensures you leave the hair mask in for the fully allotted time before you wash it out!
- Follow it up with a shampoo rinse
Now that your hair has received all the benefits of the hair mask, it is a prime opportunity to give your hair a rinse out with naturally made shampoo. That is because your hair cuticles are now soothed enough to take in the benefits of the shampoo and lower the risk of any needed oils or moisture from being zapped away.
Using a moisturizing hair mask is a fantastic way to keep your hair and scalp healthy, beautiful, and something that you are proud of.