For those interesting to purchase a home in an affordable are after retirement, you could consider looking at Dana Point, California. Not only does this place give a dense suburban feel but it will also ensure the visibility of beaches and sunsets on a daily basis. Always make it a point to purchase the home from a reputed local real estate company, to stay clear of possible frauds.
Differing prices across neighborhoods
While you search around to buy Dana Point homes for sale, be prepared to fall in love with the friendly local communities in Dana Point. You will notice that prices vary amongst the various neighborhoods in this city. In other words, it is your decision to choose a neighborhood that matches your budget in the best possible manner. Spend time finding out more about suitable neighborhoods over the Internet, and you may even consider talking to friendly locals in these neighborhoods. A well known real estate company will help you quickly zero in on the deal that matches you requirements.
Do you love to live amongst a group of courteous and warm people in a place that overlooks the sea? If yes, then find your Dana Point neighborhood soon. Some of the coastal areas you will find near Orange County include:
- Thousand Steps Beach
- Victoria Beach
- The Wedge
- Newport Coast
- Corona del Mar State Beach
- Heisler Park
- Little Corona Beach
- Balboa Island
At a distance of 7.7 miles from Dana Point is the Laguna Beach, which has gathered many more eyeballs in comparison. This place is replete with busy boardwalks, gardens, and art galleries, and roughly falls midway between San Diego and Los Angeles. Purchasing a home here or close to this place will make it convenient for you to either go to LA or San Diego. What’s more, you will also be able to see the waves in all their glory on the Main Beach.
Escape the city life
Most people on the verge of retirement prefer to live in a place far away from maddening city crowds, with the aim of living with complete peace of mind. If you and your family have been contemplating over this idea, it is time to make a decision more permanent than just a vacation. Homes on sale in Dana Point are perfect for spending the twilight years.
The homes in Dana Point present beautiful views of the coast and beaches. You will not face the lack of modern amenities at any purchased home. Added to it is the cool, coastal breeze to keep you in high spirits throughout the day. The breeze will make it worth your time to choose outdoor places for dining, or any other activity.
Places to eat
Since the subject of dining has already been mentioned above, it makes sense to give a roundup of some of the must-visit restaurants in Dana Point:
Excellent dining options
When you survey this are a while looking for Dana Point homes for sale, you are bound to come across a variety of interesting restaurants. This place is famous for its range of restaurants, some of which include:
- Raya- This is easily one of the best seafood restaurants in Dana Point. It has already been named the “Restaurant of the year” as per the Riviera Orange County in 2011. Both breakfast and dinner are good, and you must try their Eggs Benedictine for breakfast. Restaurant staff is very warm and friendly, and it is a great venue for family gatherings.
- Aveo Table + Bar- If you’re looking for a perfect amalgamation between a fantastic view and lip-smacking food, this is it. Food is constantly good here, and chefs give personalized attention to guests. Among seafood. Their Gulf Coast shrimp is highly recommended.
- Turk’s- Fish n Chips served at this restaurant is one of the top dishes at this restaurant. Not only is the food very tasty, but it is also reasonably priced. The atmosphere at this place would definitely be loved by those who grew up in the 1960’s and 70’s.
You would feel happy on being able to catch the waves whenever you want. Dana Point has some of the world’s best surfing points. It also comes with a very interesting surf history, and is also known as the West’s whale-watching capital. The activities you will be able to enjoy here as a resident include:
- Watching whales
- Bike riding
- Sunset wine cruises
- Spending endless time watching boats in and out of the harbor
- Relax at luxury spas
Inspirations behind home constructions
A large number of residential constructions in Dana Point are inspired by the city’s coastal surroundings. For example, you will see waterfall-like cascading water inside many homes, reminding the owners of these beautiful natural beauties.