The Internet is a wealth of information in every field, and that includes women’s clothing as well. In order to start your own boutique, you will need to locate suitable B2B platforms that can offer clothes at wholesale prices. You can either research on your own or use help from a veteran in the clothing business to draw up a list of suppliers and manufacturers. Word-of-mouth plays a very important role in the growth of any boutique, especially in the beginning.
Search for them on rating-based websites
Reading through carefully prepared marketing messages isn’t always a good idea to understand the actual value of a clothing company. Information gathered from the shop floor speaks the real truth, and rating-based websites such as FourSquare, Yelp, and many others do exactly that. User ratings on these websites are trustworthy about the actual experience, and you must go through these websites to holistically evaluate a wholesale clothing supplier.
How to deal with wholesale clothes vendors
The first step is to use the B2B platforms and forums in order to look for a genuine supplier. In order to buy wholesale womens clothing through one of the suitable suppliers, you must proceed in the following manner:
- Always send an email to the supplier, in order to verify complete contact details
- Do not purchase any product without careful inspection of a sample product from the supplier first
- Ensure that you carefully go through reviews of products and suppliers online, and learn not to be fooled by fake reviews
Before shortlisting a particular supplier, be sure to ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the supplier’s website user friendly?
- Does he or she have a specific returns policy in place?
- How many years has he or she been in the business? What has been his or her past experience?
- Will this supplier be able to ship fast?
- What kind of reviews does this supplier have?
Getting a positive reply for a quote
You need to approach every quote as a serious business inquiry. With the help of certain tips in your outreach emails, you will have a great chance of landing a willing supplier:
- Do maintain a courteous tone, but it should not involve words that meander. The conversation must be kept to the point and not move back and forth.
- It would be good if you plan the questions you wish to ask. Not only will it save time but it will also give your supplier and you confidence to make the deal.
- Always follow-up after three days if you do not receive a response
Remember to buy low and sell high
In any business, it is of critical importance to buy at a low price and sell at a higher rate. This holds true of the clothing business as well, and it is also the reason why one must purchase clothes from the wholesale market.
Of course, you must have the necessary permits and licenses to run your boutique, so that the business can be run in a legal manner. Apart from the city and state business licenses, you may need to purchase business insurance in order to protect the venture from different kinds of eventualities.
Get a suitable location
You cannot run your business without deciding a suitable location for it. While it is important for the store to be in a popular place, you need not have to start out on a high budget. Choose an area which is a heady mix of a noticeable place and reasonable price. That would leave you with resources to spare on your marketing plan. Doing so will ensure that you have a healthy crowd when you decide to have the boutique’s grand opening.
Each type of clothing niche requires specialized manufacturing and marketing techniques. Therefore, it is important that you identify which niche you are going to cater to, right at the beginning. You could think about selling clothes to teens, tweens or women, but if you are finding it difficult to come to this decision, survey the area around you to know which group’s needs are not being adequately met.
Aside from trading online, it pays to venture offline and utilize the chance to visit a trade show. This will naturally be hard when you first start off the boutique, but the opportunity will surely present itself in due course of time. You get the chance to directly interact with representatives and check samples on your own before placing orders. It will also be beneficial for you to get in touch with others in the field and draw inspiration from the environment around.
Many people do not know that the Magic Show is the best place for picking up appropriate clothes. Keep a watch out for other similar offline shows as well.